Everton Youth Teams Thread

I agree but unfortunately we don't have a budget for first team players let alone academy recruit's.dan purdy is apparently a very well respected head of recruitment so would love to know where it is falling down
Good call. For me a new version of the old Central League would be better, to get more players experience, but I doubt it would happen, in this day and age.
UTFTs!

I’m thinking it was two seasons ago as our u16 keeper Doug Lukjanciks played in both those those finals so he was u14 at the time, so end of 21/22 season I’d guess. On that basis the then u15s are our new first year Scholars playing at u18 and the u14s are now Schoolboy u16s.

It’s always difficult to tell who is promising as we see so little at these ages so you make judgement calls . This can be based things like are they playing in their International age Group ? Lukjanciks was with England u17 recently , a first year attacker George Morgan was with Wales, there may be others I’ve missed , but nobody is standing out . Another useful judgement is are they playing up for Everton u18s when they were Schoolboys. Last season there were surprisingly few and again nobody stands out . This season, the then u14s should be making a mark at u18s as Schoolboys if they are showing promise, so I guess “ watch this space”.
Tge whole purpose of the Academy, warrants a question.

On the rare occasion, Everton sell one of these players, its normally a small fee, relatively. Never over 10M, yet other clubs sell for over 10M.

For Isaac Pryce, Everon got £300k for the cost of his development.
Partly due to he turned down a new contract to further his career and get game time. Good luck to him at Standard Liege, on the pitch, and coping with ownership by 777.
No one can claim they are stashing the goal scorers on the youth team.
👍👏👏Agreed. Hopefully their season started last night.

…ha, ha, I was just reminded his early words about how he was building from the bottom up, appointing new staff to the Academy and posters being impressed with the words.

I was told he’s actually a bit of a soft touch for the Academy lads.
Good point. Sone good football last night, hopefully tge first team, will put on a performance at Brentford.

Tge whole purpose of the Academy, warrants a question.

On the rare occasion, Everton sell one of these players, its normally a small fee, relatively. Never over 10M, yet other clubs sell for over 10M.

For Isaac Pryce, Everon got £300k for the cost of his development.
Partly due to he turned down a new contract to further his career and get game time. Good luck to him at Standard Liege, on the pitch, and coping with ownership by 777.

👍👏👏Agreed. Hopefully their season started last night.
Just sold Gordon for £40m, Cannon £7m and Simms £8m eventually

it’s pretty much keeping the club running atm

I think the ban we had and also so much harder to attract young players ,what can we actually offer to young players they are blinded by city and Chelsea .
Our best prospect ishe samuels smith sold to pay for our mismanagement to keep the wolves from the door
I think like with Cannon, sold for supporting the club, OPEX, but why sell your best propects, for relatively small fees.?
No one knows, how tight it is at Everton, but deffo, very hard times, for Evertonians, in terms of football success.

That’s the crux of it ,the depth of our current 16-20 year olds collectively is the worst I can remember, there are some individuals who are better of course, but few of them . Posters with a close attachment/knowledge of our Academy have been warning of this long before Thelwell.
Nailed it.