Everton Youth Teams Thread

Reputation ! I'm glad I'm old enough to remember when we had a good one.

…ha, ha. My FA Youth Cup memories span Jimmy Husband running the show wearing no10 at Goodison in 1965, to watching Osman score a beauty against Blackburn at Ewood & not forgetting Hibbert (yes Hibbert) scoring a 25 yard screamer at Gigg Lane against United.

Happy times watching our youngsters over the years.

…I’m not giving up on my prediction Samuels-Smith plays in the PL this season.
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by his performances at left back/ wing back , I’m sure Samuels-Smith is seen as a centre back but if he doesn’t develop physically he could end up at LB. My thinking was we’d likely try to give him game time to help “ persuade” him to sign a pro deal at 17, but I suspect the state of the club may have a bigger influence on his decision.?‍♂️

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by his performances at left back/ wing back , I’m sure Samuels-Smith is seen as a centre back but if he doesn’t develop physically he could end up at LB. My thinking was we’d likely try to give him game time to help “ persuade” him to sign a pro deal at 17, but I suspect the state of the club may have a bigger influence on his decision.?‍♂️

….to be fair, he’s not got much ahead of him at LB to force a breakthrough. That has been a large part of my thinking.

Would have loved to have seen Bielsa's 4 hour assessment of the U21s in his interview - how he was looking forward to Charlie Whitaker coming back from injury so he could play the Kalvin Phillips role in front of the back 4.