Everton Youth Teams Thread

Kieran Driscoll was actually an Academy Coach with us 11 years ago . It looks like he went out , got his qualifications and more experience including time with City’s Academy.

Academy Coach​

Everton Football Club

Sep 2009 - Jul 2011 1 year 11 months

I had a quick look at Wigan’s Academy , wondering if there were any namesthat he might bring in. One name I did recognise was Eko Solomon who has joined them having played in our Academy . I’m pretty sure Eko Solomon was one of the ball boys who leapt into Big Dunc’s arms in celebration that time he was manager against Chelsea. Though I’ve no idea why I’ve remembered that random bit of info or if it can be confirmed!

Was talking about the reply. Someone saying all our coaches keep going to City and the U14's turned up to train and there was no coach?

Kieran Driscoll was actually an Academy Coach with us 11 years ago . It looks like he went out , got his qualifications and more experience including time with City’s Academy.

Academy Coach​

Everton Football Club

Sep 2009 - Jul 2011 1 year 11 months

I had a quick look at Wigan’s Academy , wondering if there were any namesthat he might bring in. One name I did recognise was Eko Solomon who has joined them having played in our Academy . I’m pretty sure Eko Solomon was one of the ball boys who leapt into Big Dunc’s arms in celebration that time he was manager against Chelsea. Though I’ve no idea why I’ve remembered that random bit of info or if it can be confirmed!
You are right, it was Eko Solomon and Kieran Driscoll has started here now.

He’s another excellent coach, probably brought in by the Kenny Williams, our new head of academy recruitment who recently joined us from Wigan.

He’s another excellent coach, probably brought in by the Kenny Williams, our new head of academy recruitment who recently joined us from Wigan.
Kieran Driscoll‘s CV looks pretty good at this level. I can’t say I know much about him but his Wigan u18s tore us apart in the first 20 mins or so in the Youth Cup last year. They looked very sharp , well coached and had some decent players , Sean McGurk who went to Leeds stands out in my memory.

Does that mean Waldron is out/moved about then or is it a different role do you know?

England U16 Squad is announced. Any Everton players here? This is meant to be the best England youth group since Bellingham's group (i.e. the 2003s, who won the U19 Euros last month)

Does that mean Waldron is out/moved about then or is it a different role do you know?
Martin Waldron went some time ago and we’ve never recovered from it. He was excellent at his job however so is Kenny Williams. I think he’s an excellent appointment.

Kieran Driscoll‘s CV looks pretty good at this level. I can’t say I know much about him but his Wigan u18s tore us apart in the first 20 mins or so in the Youth Cup last year. They looked very sharp , well coached and had some decent players , Sean McGurk who went to Leeds stands out in my memory.
They won the U18 category 2 league that year (which is a very high standard), coached by Kieran Driscoll and IMO if they hadn’t had players missing, they have comfortably beaten us in the youth cup however they had some key injuries.

They should have won the whole youth cup a year before that. They got beat by United in the semi final 2-1( (I think) when McGurk scored but there had a few big injuries that day as well. If Joe Geldhart had been playing, I reckon they’d have beat them comfortably.

Not only have they had McGurk and Geldhart, they do produce a lot of really good players.

Alfie Devine was bought from them during COVID by Spurs. Jensen Weir who’se a highly rated England international was bought by Brighton to name a couple more.

There’s a few really good players there now as well.