Everton Youth Teams Thread

Maybe we'll put a report out later. I'm always interested who plays. A few players not been involved yet.

Theres loads of photos on the Carlisle site, back 4 seemed to be Mallon, Astley, Welch and maybe Campbell.
Dobbin and Cannon upfront, Hughes along midfield and beni, the rest I don't know the faces well enough to put names to

From the pics I can see:

Iversen
Campbell
Cannon
Hughes
Dobbin
John
Price (I think)
Leban (I think)
Welch
Butterfield
McCallister
Beni
Astley
Mallon (tash?)

Got to say it's rock solid picking them out. Most look identical.

Iversen had injury last season so good to see him back. Hopefully he might get a loan same with John, Astley and Hughes I think they've all had enough time in u23s. Baningime I think we are stuck with so will probably play all season. The rest of that squad is young so hopefully we are learning.

Iversen had injury last season so good to see him back. Hopefully he might get a loan same with John, Astley and Hughes I think they've all had enough time in u23s. Baningime I think we are stuck with so will probably play all season. The rest of that squad is young so hopefully we are learning.

Beni hopefully go back to Derby seeing they've no players.
We should actually try to get a couple others sent there, sounds like they're in for a tough season though

It's really, really difficult to arrange loans properly for these players. The 3 you mention, to me, don't have the quality for a Championship side so you're saying League 1 but then I don't think they have the physicality for there either. You can't go too low down because they it becomes cut-throat "win or I can't feed my kids" type of football which just won't work.

Beni hopefully go back to Derby seeing they've no players.
We should actually try to get a couple others sent there, sounds like they're in for a tough season though

The only problem I have is they barely used him last season so if we send any of our prospects I think we need some sort of guarantee of game time can't afford another Gibson scenario.

It's really, really difficult to arrange loans properly for these players. The 3 you mention, to me, don't have the quality for a Championship side so you're saying League 1 but then I don't think they have the physicality for there either. You can't go too low down because they it becomes cut-throat "win or I can't feed my kids" type of football which just won't work.

Yeah its difficult finding the right level but I just think another season in the u23s will see them go backwards. League 1 would be my choice as I suspect they wouldn't get much game time in the Championship. Some of the teams play football in that division and it might toughen them up a little. If nothing else it would put them in the shop window.

Yeah its difficult finding the right level but I just think another season in the u23s will see them go backwards. League 1 would be my choice as I suspect they wouldn't get much game time in the Championship. Some of the teams play football in that division and it might toughen them up a little. If nothing else it would put them in the shop window.

I mean personally I'd sell Astley and John, possibly one more season for Hughes here.