Everton Youth Teams Thread

I suspect it was as listed. We’ve played John at left back before , and Foulds was originally a left sided CB, so maybe they are giving him game time at CB to show his versatility to help him find a new club. So we play three young backs out of their best position , and play Charsley instead of giving Onyango more game time against what would have been a good test for our best team.
On the plus side it looks like Adeniran is still with the 1st team.

Hopefully Foulds, Evans and Charsley will all find new clubs in the window and that will give opportunities to a few younger players. I also think Markelo could do with a loan to give Denny a chance in his natural position.

So any Ancelotti experts know what he's like for giving opportunities to youth players?
Couldn't be any worse than silva surely
Must admit I haven’t a clue about Carlo’s past record with youth, but so far today he’s said he tried to sign Kean for Napoli and held a training session which included Gordon, Adeniran and, for me anyway , the first time I’ve seen Kyle John training with the first team. Can’t read too much into all that but at least it’s positive and not negative regarding youth players.

Must admit I haven’t a clue about Carlo’s past record with youth, but so far today he’s said he tried to sign Kean for Napoli and held a training session which included Gordon, Adeniran and, for me anyway , the first time I’ve seen Kyle John training with the first team. Can’t read too much into all that but at least it’s positive and not negative regarding youth players.

For me it was disappointing from Ferguson not to have Gordon on the bench for 2 of his 4 matches

Well in fairness Ferguson gave Gordon his first taste of the PL , we haven’t played a new youngster in the PL for at least 18 months. Christmas question , just who was the previous youngster to get his first PL minutes? I would guess at Beni , but don’t know for sure.

Well in fairness Ferguson gave Gordon his first taste of the PL , we haven’t played a new youngster in the PL for at least 18 months. Christmas question , just who was the previous youngster to get his first PL minutes? I would guess at Beni , but don’t know for sure.

he didn't, that was the league cup he came on

Just watched the goals from the Newcastle game. The 3rd goal for us. A lad picks it up on halfway, skips past a challenge drives to the edge of their box, side steps another player abs rolls a good ball into the path Dobbin.

Anyone knows who’s that was, he was wearing the number 6 and looked quite tall.

Just watched the goals from the Newcastle game. The 3rd goal for us. A lad picks it up on halfway, skips past a challenge drives to the edge of their box, side steps another player abs rolls a good ball into the path Dobbin.

Looking at the line up probably Rhys Hughes. He's a 2nd year scholar.

Yep Rhys Hughes. He’s usually Captain of the u18 these days, also in Wales U19s squad with Astley. He , along with Seb Quirk are the two 2nd year midfielders who have progressed and done well this year , they’re both a decent size too , with Hughes the more prominent in terms of creating chances and he’s scored maybe 3or4 goals, including penalties. I would expect him to get a professional contract, he’s appeared in at least one U23s squad, don’t think he’s started, but it’s a good marker.