Everton Youth Teams Thread

Every time I see Anthony Evans in these Highlights he looks great. Why doesn't he ever get talked about in terms of the first team (like Gordon, Bene, etc). Is he too slow? I have never seen him live. He looks really classy. There's a touch of Siggy about him.
Simply put , Antony Evans is not consistently good enough for our first team.
At 16 I had him down as one of Martinez’s “ Golden Generation” , at 21 he’s not going to make it with us. He has talent there which shines in patches at U23s level, but not enough to be knocking on the 1st team door. There’s no way in our current position that we could sensibly take a chance on him and give him sufficient game time to develop. He’s currently playing to find his next permanent club, whether that’s in January or July.

Is Adeniran able to step up?
Adeniran has certainly improved this season and has shown more attacking intent, possibly because Benigime has covered the defensive duties. So far though he hasn’t shown he has that something extra to suggest a step up, certainly not in our current situation and set up. Maybe if we achieve mid table mediocrity he may get a chance late season, but Beni is the more likely to get game time in midfield.

Simply put , Antony Evans is not consistently good enough for our first team.
At 16 I had him down as one of Martinez’s “ Golden Generation” , at 21 he’s not going to make it with us. He has talent there which shines in patches at U23s level, but not enough to be knocking on the 1st team door. There’s no way in our current position that we could sensibly take a chance on him and give him sufficient game time to develop. He’s currently playing to find his next permanent club, whether that’s in January or July.

Adeniran has certainly improved this season and has shown more attacking intent, possibly because Benigime has covered the defensive duties. So far though he hasn’t shown he has that something extra to suggest a step up, certainly not in our current situation and set up. Maybe if we achieve mid table mediocrity he may get a chance late season, but Beni is the more likely to get game time in midfield.
I'd love to see Beni get some minutes. Hopefully Poch can bleed him into the first team .

EVERTON U18S

McIntyre; Higgins, Hosie, Hagan, Astley, Hughes, Quirk, Onyango, Dobbin, McAllister, Hunt.
Subs: Barrett, Cannon, Lowey, Thompson, Price
Looking forward to this ..... more than the later game. I was also looking forward to seeing the team and just who they rated as first choice. I expected to see Astley playing but expected to see Thompson not Hagan alongside him. I’m surprised Cannon is not starting , which suggests 4-2-3–1 with Dobbin the lone striker. My expectations are always high , shrugs shoulders

Every time I see Anthony Evans in these Highlights he looks great. Why doesn't he ever get talked about in terms of the first team (like Gordon, Bene, etc). Is he too slow? I have never seen him live. He looks really classy. There's a touch of Siggy about him.

....he struggled for game time at Fleetwood whilst on loan.