Everton Youth Teams Thread

Stephenlloyd

Player Valuation: £35m
Contract expires in the summer. @Eggs has been suspicious why hes not extended...
Maybe there is some truth in it, but god he mates with the Longstaff brothers and they are in the first team. I’m sure he’s pretty settled on Merseyside, has trained with the first and played in some pre-season games.

Let’s hope is just a little Snag in his contract and nothing more.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m
I can.

He knows he aint getting games here anytime soon, might as well just go back "home" with his mates.
....never ignore the financial consideration, Gibson will have made a lot of money signing for us, and will make a load again if he makes an out of contract transfer back to Newcastle. Gibson is a player I like a lot, this rumour makes a lot of sense given the lack of communication about a new deal with us.

Stephenlloyd

Player Valuation: £35m
....never ignore the financial consideration, Gibson will have made a lot of money signing for us, and will make a load again if he makes an out of contract transfer back to Newcastle. Gibson is a player I like a lot, this rumour makes a lot of sense given the lack of communication about a new deal with us.
I don’t understand the contract rules for young players. But we sign a highly rated 17yr old for 6mil and give him a 2 yr contract. If that was the max we could give him. We should have had new 4yr deal sorted and put in front of him on his 18th birthday.

Poor from the club again imo

Edit:- that he would have been here 3yrs by the end of this season, but the club still could have given him a longer deal at 18

Eggs

I don’t understand the contract rules for young players. But we sign a highly rated 17yr old for 6mil and give him a 2 yr contract. If that was the max we could give him. We should have had new 4yr deal sorted and put in front of him on his 18th birthday.

Poor from the club again imo

Edit:- that he would have been here 3yrs by the end of this season, but the club still could have given him a longer deal at 18
.....the club might well have done exactly that, but he’s refusing to sign. I’d be very surprised and disappointed if there hasn’t been a contract on the table for a while.

Zatara

Noticed this in the comments section of a Guardian article. Anyone hear of him?

Sidfishes
I’d put money on 16 year old Everton defender Harry Hagen making a full England International debut before he’s 23.
In fact I have.
If I’m still around to pick the winnings up in 7 years time, I’ll be absolutely delighted!

T LEAFE

Player Valuation: £40m
So that’s £6m plus development down the drain?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks