Everton Youth Teams Thread

blueloon

Player Valuation: £30m

As it says in the caption,Everton u18s top on GD are away to stoke u18s saturday,
That 2nd goal is one of the best counterattacking goals you’re likely to see, winning the ball back virtually at the corner flag , 4 passes and he’s rounding the keeper and putting it into the net. Impressive
Sigh,only a few more days and it’s back to the reality of the PL.

Ring master

Player Valuation: £70m
That 2nd goal is one of the best counterattacking goals you’re likely to see, winning the ball back virtually at the corner flag , 4 passes and he’s rounding the keeper and putting it into the net. Impressive
Sigh,only a few more days and it’s back to the reality of the PL.
So many times that pass for the 2nd goal is on,but so few times its attempted when we can see it,and surely they can as well,you off course need that ability to be able to try it,great pass

blueloon

Player Valuation: £30m
So many times that pass for the 2nd goal is on,but so few times its attempted when we can see it,and surely they can as well,you off course need that ability to be able to try it,great pass
Indeed. I can’t make out who made the pass, but I’m guessing it was Rhys Hughes , the young Wales u17 international who plays right midfield. He’s looked decent when he played.

Philw

Indeed. I can’t make out who made the pass, but I’m guessing it was Rhys Hughes , the young Wales u17 international who plays right midfield. He’s looked decent when he played.
It's a great ball, the first time I thought the keeper should have come for it -that it was too close to the box, but watching it back I'm not so sure. Creating that uncertainty in the defence helps out your forward.

Wat Tyler

Player Valuation: £60m
To the resident experts, is there any stand out players coming through? What about that young striker, Can’t think of his name?

Eggs

To the resident experts, is there any stand out players coming through? What about that young striker, Can’t think of his name?
...some excellent youth team analysts on here. I don’t think there’s a stand-out, Simms is very high-profile because of his goal return, but he’s still mainly playing in his own age group (U18) and only plays occasionally at U23. Anthony Gordon is an U18 who plays more at U23 and has been around the first team (played in EL). Gordon is clearly talented, but he’s not dominating U23 games and you have to be very special to make the step up.

Hornby is U23 age and has the physicality to be a striker. Scores goals for Scotland at youth level, we paid money for him so he might be one Silva gives a run out in pre-season.

Defenders have to have more of a chance because the skill set isn’t as testing. We paid decent money for Lewis Gibson and he’s one I particularly like. He’s got attitude and stepped up and captained U23s as a youngster. Astley and John also on the radar but if one of the current crop come through it would be good.

Worth following this season’s FA Youth Cup, I always think it’s an indicator of having a special individual or a crop of decent ones (Rooney’s year got the final; we won it with Hibbert, Osman et al.

Ring master

1-0 stoke on 7mins Jarrett slots ball under keeper from Sankoh pass

just as man utd in 3rd place go 1up at blackburn via there right back

Ethon Varian makes it 2-0 stoke on 13mins Toure Shot blocked

Last edited:

Ring master

4-2 stoke on 57mins - Sankoh scores following a wonderful run having been brilliantly fed by Porter.
Adedoyin was subbed ht,no idea why as after scoring 2 and hitting the woodwork and making the keeper make a few good saves,you expected him to maybe stay on

Simms now about to come on with 30mins left

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.