Everton Youth Teams Thread

Who is he?
About this time last year I posted a rumour that we’d beat off anumber of clubs to sign Rafael Garcia from Fulham. At the time he was a highly thought of England u15 player, not sure if he made England u16. Then it all went quiiet and he disappeared , no appearances for Fulham , England or us .It was again rumoured we’d signed him in the summer but he didn’t appear on our new Scholars list, nor in Fulham’s squad. So presumption is he’s been injured until now . It’ll be interesting to see if he can make our u18s team proper this season.
The other name that caught my eye tonight on the sub bench was Tyler Onyango . He signed Scholarship forms last November so will appear in next season’s Scholars. He’s easily distinguished by his Fellaini like mop of hair.

England U16 attacking midfielder who we poached from Fulham.
About this time last year I posted a rumour that we’d beat off anumber of clubs to sign Rafael Garcia from Fulham. At the time he was a highly thought of England u15 player, not sure if he made England u16. Then it all went quiiet and he disappeared , no appearances for Fulham , England or us .It was again rumoured we’d signed him in the summer but he didn’t appear on our new Scholars list, nor in Fulham’s squad. So presumption is he’s been injured until now . It’ll be interesting to see if he can make our u18s team proper this season.
The other name that caught my eye tonight on the sub bench was Tyler Onyango . He signed Scholarship forms last November so will appear in next season’s Scholars. He’s easily distinguished by his Fellaini like mop of hair.

Thats good, some sweet revenge for Fulham tapping up our winger(?) many years ago (under moyes?) whose dad was one of our scouts i think...

Thats good, some sweet revenge for Fulham tapping up our winger(?) many years ago (under moyes?) whose dad was one of our scouts i think...

.....Sean Doherty. I don’t think he was ‘tapped up’ as such, i think his Dad (Mick Doherty) might have been ended up as Chelsea scout. We did get money for Sean and I think he might have done a bit of coaching with us in recent years as well as being a players agent.

Sean was a schoolboy international winger. He was talented but very slight in build.

.....Sean Doherty. I don’t think he was ‘tapped up’ as such, i think his Dad (Mick Doherty) might have been ended up as Chelsea scout. We did get money for Sean and I think he might have done a bit of coaching with us in recent years as well as being a players agent.

Sean was a schoolboy international winger. He was talented but very slight in build.

Thats the one! Think he went for £150k or something in the end...

We actually did well out of that on the end as we got 750k for Sean and then Mick discovered Seamus Coleman when he came back to the club.

This season? None.
Hard to disagree with that, people pop in every few months with a “is the next Rooney/ Foden/ Sancho coming through.?” and the answer is no. But. if I put on my optimism hat, don my rose coloured specs as I drink my glass half full of beer.... we may just sneak an u 23 into a first team squad this season.
There are four players who I’d consider third choices , so an injury or two in that position and they could be back up, these are Virginia as goalkeeper, Feeney as a CB with Mina/ Jags injured, Gibson at LB behind Digne/Baines and Astley RB behind Kenny/ Coleman. I would add that none are currently far enough on to actually challenge current incumbents but if we are soon in a “nothing left to the season “ situation who knows.
Things change rapidly in a few months at this age too, and while everybody knows of Anthony Gordon he faded a bit with his injury. Now he’s been our best U23s/18 player the past couple of months, developed physically too and again while not developed enough to push for a place , I think it would be a good boost to everybody to get him involved with the 1st team before season’s end.

Hard to disagree with that, people pop in every few months with a “is the next Rooney/ Foden/ Sancho coming through.?” and the answer is no. But. if I put on my optimism hat, don my rose coloured specs as I drink my glass half full of beer.... we may just sneak an u 23 into a first team squad this season.
There are four players who I’d consider third choices , so an injury or two in that position and they could be back up, these are Virginia as goalkeeper, Feeney as a CB with Mina/ Jags injured, Gibson at LB behind Digne/Baines and Astley RB behind Kenny/ Coleman. I would add that none are currently far enough on to actually challenge current incumbents but if we are soon in a “nothing left to the season “ situation who knows.
Things change rapidly in a few months at this age too, and while everybody knows of Anthony Gordon he faded a bit with his injury. Now he’s been our best U23s/18 player the past couple of months, developed physically too and again while not developed enough to push for a place , I think it would be a good boost to everybody to get him involved with the 1st team before season’s end.

supposed to be sick him isn't he? wasn't he linked with one of the german clubs quite recently as well who are getting into a habbit of poaching good young English talent

then again we've had a few players with hype recently which hasn't worked, ledson and walsh to name a couple

supposed to be sick him isn't he? wasn't he linked with one of the german clubs quite recently as well who are getting into a habbit of poaching good young English talent

then again we've had a few players with hype recently which hasn't worked, ledson and walsh to name a couple
Nope , he was injured, I think end last season , beginning of this but is now fully fit again.

I don’t think anybody is overhyping Gordon or any of our young players in these pages, the original question was is anybody ready for the first team and the answer was none this season. I’ve put the context in my post, it’s my view but I don’t consider it hype.

I agree, got to be worth at least a place on the bench?

Doesn't really make sense to me personally. At the minute we start either Rich, DCL or Tosun as a lone forward. Where's the room on the bench for Hornby/Sambou after that?

To add to the fact Sambou is trash.

Doesn't really make sense to me personally. At the minute we start either Rich, DCL or Tosun as a lone forward. Where's the room on the bench for Hornby/Sambou after that?

To add to the fact Sambou is trash.
I've never actually seen him play. Just on reading reviews. I'm more hoping we have diamond hidden away.