Everton Youth Teams Thread

Remainder Everton u18s are in Q/F action in the prem league cup away to middlesbrough tomorrow 12.30ko, a repeat of the league game last week,we may have a keeper change with our one been sent off last week at boro,so maybe a game for Hansen or Jack Barrett maybe

Other 3 Q/FS ARE
Derby v Spurs - tonight - Derby lead 1-0 after 30mins
Liverpool v man utd -tomorrow
Stoke v Man city tomorrow

we lost 4-1 with 10men simms with our goal with the pen -2nd week in a row with 10men there

Derby got late 2nd to win 2-0

Man city won 4-2 at Stoke in an up and down game

Man utd won 3-2 at Liverpool after Extra time after Liverpool were 2up-one of Liverpool's goals a rebound from a pen save,then they had man sent off on the hour,with man utd scoring resulting free kick from the red card,the 3rd man utd goal was another brilliant free kick

He’s played CB in a back 3 and then RB in a 4 too. Gibson been LB/LWB lately.
While neither are ready to play in the PL, Astley as RB and Gibson as LB are probably both the “natural” 3rd choices for the two full back positions . I know we’ll probably go unnatural e.g Kenny at LB , Baines or whomever covering RB but it wouldn’t hurt to expose both youngsters to 1st team training to cover potential injuries later on in our non-season.

Everton u18s 2 points off top,return tomorrow to u18s league action 11am home v Blackburn in the 1st of 2 games in 3 days,the 2nd is home to man utd u18s Tuesday night which is LIVE on MUTV with a 6pm ko

While the Leaders by 1 point at the Minute,Everton u23s return monday night 7pm ko at Swansea,and that game is due to be shown LIVE on Swansea's website

He’s played CB in a back 3 and then RB in a 4 too. Gibson been LB/LWB lately.

...it’s a little bit like the Holgate CB/FB debate with Gibson, but I have come around to thinking he has the bulk and quality to play CB. Gibson could be a CB who can play LB whereas Holgate is a RB who can play CB.

Saying that, with Baines’ contract up in the summer and Robinson not setting the world alight on loan, I wonder if Gibson is being tested to be Digne’s deputy next season.

...it’s a little bit like the Holgate CB/FB debate with Gibson, but I have come around to thinking he has the bulk and quality to play CB. Gibson could be a CB who can play LB whereas Holgate is a RB who can play CB.

Saying that, with Baines’ contract up in the summer and Robinson not setting the world alight on loan, I wonder if Gibson is being tested to be Digne’s deputy next season.

I suspect Gibson will go on loan before we find that out. Robinson has been injured for ages now remember and is a full national team starter.

I suspect Gibson will go on loan before we find that out. Robinson has been injured for ages now remember and is a full national team starter.

...Robinson is a full international but the very best youngsters don’t have to go on loan. We paid decent money for Gibson and he’s been a regular starter and skipper at U23 level even though he’s younger. If any of these lads are very talented, I expect them to leapfrog others in the queue.

...Robinson is a full international but the very best youngsters don’t have to go on loan. We paid decent money for Gibson and he’s been a regular starter and skipper at U23 level even though he’s younger. If any of these lads are very talented, I expect them to leapfrog others in the queue.

So they should, I just don’t see it happening in PL football these days, can see him going out for a year in the Summer. Wouldn’t even be surprised if Baines got one more year.