Everton Youth Teams Thread

Anyone know where Kyle John has disappeared to?
The rapid progress he was making and Colemans dire form might have led to a 1st team opportunity before end of the season

Have any of our teams ever played well and kept a clean sheet with 3 at the back . Normally we concede 2 or 3 goals and have to switch to a back four.
I always have the impression we don't work on it enough on the training ground before employing it. Our players never seem comfortable with it, wherever they are on the pitch.

I also believe we use it as a defensive format. The teams who operate the system effectively in the past (Chelsea City and Liverpool spring to mind) utilise the system offensively. Wing backs are more like wingers and CBs stepping out of defence. Never seen that when we have utilised it, especially Unsy in the U23s. It's more a 5 at the back.

The thing about youth teams is nobody knows anything in regards how players are turning out. Look at our recent under 23 team that won the league. Not one of them will make our first team. Whilst we seem to take it serious at all levels, other teams seem to be developing players.

Post probably makes no sense but i know what it i was trying to say.

I think
I agree
Under age football should be about producing players capable of playing for the first team
One every 2 years would be great
Winning trophies should be secondary

Remainder Everton u18s are in Q/F action in the prem league cup away to middlesbrough tomorrow 12.30ko, a repeat of the league game last week,we may have a keeper change with our one been sent off last week at boro,so maybe a game for Hansen or Jack Barrett maybe

Other 3 Q/FS ARE
Derby v Spurs - tonight - Derby lead 1-0 after 30mins
Liverpool v man utd -tomorrow
Stoke v Man city tomorrow