Everton Youth Teams Thread

I agree Eggs, although I think it's part of a youngsters development that they spend at least 6 months out in open age football when they are around 17/19. It's important that they are exposed to the rigours and competitiveness of first team football to test them if nothing else.

Yes, if they are good enough, they probably don't need to spend a season at championship level, but only if they are getting fairly regular playing time in the premier, like with Davies when he first came in. But I still think that testing at league 1/2 level earlier in their career is vital.
Don't let Arry Kane see that

we have the likes of Kyle John around the first team at a very young age.
Think I read somewhere he had an operation recently.

We haven't had a great deal of luck with our promising defenders recently. Feeney was out for most of last year, Gibson is only just coming back from a long term injury too. Robinson suffers serious injury just as he had established himself in the Wigan team and before that Browning has had one injury after another for over 5 years. Now young John gets injured after some promising starts at U23 level.

It's all very disruptive for the young players in what is already a difficult task stepping up to senior football.

I wouldnt be surprised if we sold Coleman, Kenny, Holgate and Robinson in the summer and brought in around £30mil to use on a new starting right back
We’d need to keep 1 m back as an offertory to the gods in the hope that our starting RB doesn’t get injured or suspended and can play 45/50 games at full pelt
One of Coleman /Kenny will be kept if we sign a RB

He was doing the loan circuit like a gypsy as a kid.

The important thing with a loan is that the kid has a bit of luck and rises to the challenge.

Look what happened Coleman after his Blackpool loan.
Yeah ok. But that was probably because he needed it. Some players mature earlier (or are deemed good enough earlier) so they may not need to go on loan. Rashford for example.

I agree Eggs, although I think it's part of a youngsters development that they spend at least 6 months out in open age football when they are around 17/19. It's important that they are exposed to the rigours and competitiveness of first team football to test them if nothing else.

Yes, if they are good enough, they probably don't need to spend a season at championship level, but only if they are getting fairly regular playing time in the premier, like with Davies when he first came in. But I still think that testing at league 1/2 level earlier in their career is vital.

Interesting question on Davies...would he have been better off going on loan for a year to the Championship before coming into the Everton side? We all know that technically he was good enough, but would he have benefited from a year away from the spotlight to get used to being a professional? It's a tough one.

Interesting question on Davies...would he have been better off going on loan for a year to the Championship before coming into the Everton side? We all know that technically he was good enough, but would he have benefited from a year away from the spotlight to get used to being a professional? It's a tough one.
Don't think you'll ever know for certain mate. It's one of them.

What I do think is strange is that Davies probably only got his chance at the time because Walsh and Ledson were both on loan. Both players were ranked ahead of Davies at the time. Both now struggling to get into championship teams.