Match Thread Everton vs West Ham United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went with Patterson for his overall solid game but mostly for saving the game at the end by taking it off Cornet's foot right before he would have slotted it in. Could have easily gone for Iwobi or Tarkowski, though.

Thought Gray had his best game in a very long time. Actually tried to link up with other players instead of just putting his head down and running with the ball every single time. Hope he can keep that up.

I know Lampard still has some detractors among the fanbase (not one of them myself, obviously), but that's now five games unbeaten, and at least a couple of those draws would have been wins if he'd been given a striker earlier. The defense and midfield are just so much more solid than we've had in awhile. Get another player or two in to provide more of a spark in the attack, whether that's in January or next summer, and we'll really start making some noise.

Just a legitimate richarlison replacement from being a contender for the euro conference spot...
Chelsea and United are not in a good way, and the RS are shaky. Fourth place is up for grabs this season, but it doesn't much look like anyone will walk through the open door. It certainly won't be us - we play the defense of a European contender, but lack the goal threat.

That touch Patterson got when Cornet was about to side foot it was immense. Changed the flight of the ball and likely a goal against.
The boy done well again

…it’s exactly what I mean when I keep saying we need players with ‘powers of recovery’. Defenders like that are a nuisance to play against because you’re never truly free of them.

As you say, it was such a vital touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.