Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordinarily 1 nil home wins are good in 2 legged European ties.

But it would have been really nice to have put this to bed. Nervy week ahead when we could have settled it.

Neither of those sides played their full a strength line ups.

What we seen tonight from us, was basically our 11 going into the new season.

And you know this how? The bat phone to Koeman?? We could sign two or three new players come the start of the season. Players on the bench etc could come in aswell.

well I actually wouldn't have started DCL.

I'd have gone with Lookman on that right side and let him spark something.

It was very aimless in the first half.

Improved second half, but only after Sandro came on.

It's not DCL's fault, he works hard and always won the ball, but he had nobody around him and doesn't have the skill or pace to beat a man from a standing start.

Think we'll see 4 changes next week, Pickford, Jags, Sandro and Holgate

And GOT has reached new heights of utter Knee Jerking. Two games into our pre-season with virtually a new spine to our team. Some of you lads need to get a grip...really!

As for Martina, going forward the lad is half decent but no doubt he is going to get pelters all season as its the cool thing to do..

Think it's more to do with the fact he can't defend to save his life mate, his positional play is terrible, at one point tonight they were attacking and the ball got hit out to their left side and Martina was virtually standing on the half way line. He looks alright going forward and he can put a decent ball in, but that means nothing mate if you're a defender who looks like he can't defend.

would it kill us to play two wingers and two centre forwards?

Rooney constantly looked isolated when playing forward, why not pair him up with Sandro and have lookman and miralles on the wings?

And GOT has reached new heights of utter Knee Jerking. Two games into our pre-season with virtually a new spine to our team. Some of you lads need to get a grip...really!

As for Martina, going forward the lad is half decent but no doubt he is going to get pelters all season as its the cool thing to do..
Reading the comments, the general consensus I detect is that Cuco is a fine addition- it is only one or two who are vehemently anti him. But you always get the odd one or two boo boys. Most of Goodison were cheering Cuco...already a crowd favourite? Yes, I think so.

Thought we looked really poor out wide on both sides, with mirallas and baines not offering much. Why does baines try that cut-back cross every time. Whip a few in ffs.

Martina was poor, that chance late on for them from the set piece, he just stood there and let his man head the ball across our box.

I tweeted at half time, Kenny and dowell must be looking at our right hand side, thinking wtf is going on. Martina & DCL, the new Hibbert & osman.
Agree with most you say, but Dowell should have been transferred last week, after his performance. Gana is going to be as popular as Niasse
if he carries on the same way.

Massive over reaction on here, we looked like a team who are still in pre season against a team that is mid way through theirs and rested players for this tie.

We look rusty and will get better

they've played one (1) league game

could easily have gone to slavakia with a deficit to overturn

Reading the comments, the general consensus I detect is that Cuco is a fine addition- it is only one or two who are vehemently anti him. But you always get the odd one or two boo boys. Most of Goodison were cheering Cuco...already a crowd favourite? Yes, I think so.
I salute you.

Status
Not open for further replies.