Match Thread Everton vs Liverpool, Goodison Park, Oct 4th, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted! We should have really gone for them in the second half yesterday, they were really poor after a decent 25 minute spell in the first half.

We didn't create enough chances. Rom would have taken them to town if he wasn't so isolated up front, I thought he was excellent today for the few times he got service. Naismith is still shoehorned into the team after his hat trick and offers nothing really, Kone should have started. He's a very good receiver for Lukaku.
Ross did well but wasn't spectacular, poor for their goal as was Howard. Should have been someone on the posts. Galloway was excellent, again!

Mate. Its certainly not a great side, but this isn't a bad Liverpool side either. Ings is decent, Sturridge is very good, Sakho is actually okay as well. Mignolet is a decent shot stopper, Coutinho is pretty good, Clyne is a solid full back and Milner isn't the worst player in the world either. Certainly better than the teams you have listed, although a step below the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and United.

Agree completely other than Sakho. He really isn't anywhere near approaching ok.

Absolutely shocking player with league two technique.

Two steps was all Howard had to take and catch that with ease! He did exactly the same against WB last Monday - cost us two goals in two games!

....I do think he had to be more positive with an inexperienced back four in front of him. I remember when Grobellar was at the Pool, Hanson said they appreciated his positivity in coming for crosses even though he dropped a few. I also think of Southall and can't think of him not coming for a cross in the 6 yard box, especially one that wasn't particularly fizzed in.

So I do think Howard is open to criticism, I also have a view that we don't work on defending set pieces. It was a very poor goal to concede.

It is a shame we didn't win and looking back on it we put them under enough pressure, just couldn't get it over the line.

In regards to our corners, that's 2 games in a row we've conceded from a free header in the 6 yard box with Barkley losing his man. First of all, if the ball is coming into the 6 yard box I think it's the keepers responsibility to claim it, regardless of marking. Howard isn't commanding enough in those situations. Maybe it's time lukaku and Barkley switch their roles? Bring lukaku back to mark and leave Barkley up the pitch.

Barkley should not be in the box marking from corners !

As usual, we just never have enough to beat the Gobshites, however awful they are !!! :rant:

I don't know whether this point has been made yet, but we should feel insulted with the timing of Brenda's sacking.

We know it's been coming but this was probably their best performance so far this season, and they did get a point, after all,
even if it was a bit lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.