Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like when we came of the back of 3 defeats needing to win at Anfield to keep our chances going, we done that and the 2 after it? Or early in the season we had a couple of chances to go top and took them. Or when we went to a team that hadn’t won all season on Boxing Day, when everyone on here was expecting an ‘Everton That’ moment and we won or Spurs in the cup when we were getting written off at 0-1, 3-3 and 4-4 and we won etc

Like the time when we played Man U at home in the league cup quarterfinal in a cup we've never won and lost, when we played Newcastle home and away and lost both, or today a chance to do something and lose. Wait till the end of the season and it will be the same old thing no trophy and a poor boring placed finish in the league

It seems to me that when we play teams at the bottom end of the table, we go out thinking it will be easy but find it isn't. By the time we find out it isn't, we are 2 - 0 down.
When we play teams at the very top, we seem to go out with a mindset that says 'we are going to lose'. We usually do.
We seem to play our best and pick up points when we play teams who we consider to be on about the same level. We know its going to be a hard game and we have to work hard, which we do, and pick up points.
I think a lot of it is psychological and it's up to our manager to sort it. The problem he's got is the dearth of Premier league quality players on the bench. He can't 'drop' players, as there's no one to bring in.

Like the time when we played Man U at home in the league cup quarterfinal in a cup we've never won and lost, when we played Newcastle home and away and lost both, or today a chance to do something and lose. Wait till the end of the season and it will be the same old thing no trophy and a poor boring placed finish in the league
There’s still 10, potentially 13 games left, anything can happen

Not surprised at all, especially today , last season team except Allan , how we can expect more or better ? Based of what , they been proved so many time this season without Allan and James that they cant do any better and just one player like James makes difference in case we have to attack abbe create something, to play away we still have chances and we managed to do great this season using a quick transition almost to perfection but to be dominant at home you need more creativity , as I predicted after away loses vs Southampton and Newcastle I am expecting us to finish between 8-10 spot , anything above I would be very surprised and impressed

He does, ultimately.

To get us where we are with the injuries and our crap recruitment - and it has been crap, by and large, for the last 5 years - shows what an improvement we've made.

But, you don't lose these matches. Not at the volume we have.

And, we should have a structure and system there that allows us to create chances regardless of who is on the pitch.

Nobody wants him out. But there's no way he doesn't take a large portion of the blame. Just like he takes a large portion of the credit for getting us up here in the first place.
Exactly- I'm made up with our away form, but the style of play and such poor numbers of shots against terrible opposition at home, is deeply worrying. If we got into Europe, we have a good chance at some savvy recruitment and strengthening. We don't get it, I doubt we will get the opportunity next year, and may lose players.

You mean like when we came of the back of 3 defeats needing to win at Anfield to keep our chances going, we done that and the 2 after it? Or early in the season we had a couple of chances to go top and took them. Or when we went to a team that hadn’t won all season on Boxing Day, when everyone on here was expecting an ‘Everton That’ moment and we won or Spurs in the cup when we were getting written off at 0-1, 3-3 and 4-4 and we won etc

Mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.