Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always pleasantly surprised when we win a game with this squad. I suggest some of you take the same approach, rather than misguidedly thinking we're a good team who can easily beat other teams. I haven't seen us beat anyone convincingly, not even Rotherham. Maybe Fleetwood, but even they had their moments.

Nothing to do with pressure, players have bad games, even our supposed best. You can’t just walk onto the pitch at 50-60% and expect teams to lay down for you. That’s why United lost at home to Sheffield United, Liverpool lost 6 in a row at Anfield and City, Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester have all lost games they should have won

Weird how every single time we have an opportunity to do something we get beat

Just beat them you utter shitbags, close on Chelsea and go further ahead of Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool before they play.

Too much pressure was it on poor little Everton
Our brave lionhearts are not so good with pressure situations. Today’s loss will make them feel better but I think they need to bottle another two games quickly so they are totally out of everything...then they can feel the pressure off and play some decent togger.
They are a team with many human frailties...it’s why we love them so much. A lot of stress playing footie...they certainly earn their coin. I cannot wait for the new stadium so we fans can all congregate and show our wonderful players what heroes they are to us.

NSNO

Nothing to do with pressure, players have bad games, even our supposed best. You can’t just walk onto the pitch at 50-60% and expect teams to lay down for you. That’s why United lost at home to Sheffield United, Liverpool lost 6 in a row at Anfield and City, Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester have all lost games they should have won
I bet all those teams you mentioned had a lot more shots and attempts at goal though than we managed in our losses. Yes, those teams have lost too, but at least they had a clue going forward, whereas with us it's just, 'get it out wide and hope dcl gets on the end of a cross'. We're pathetic, too predictable and easy to defend against.

We didn't win the shot count again 14-14 today, don't think we've won the shot count since Burnley away in December

Our brave lionhearts are not so good with pressure situations. Today’s loss will make them feel better but I think they need to bottle another two games quickly so they are totally out of everything...then they can feel the pressure off and play some decent togger.
They are a team with many human frailties...it’s why we love them so much. A lot of stress playing footie...they certainly earn their coin. I cannot wait for the new stadium so we fans can all congregate and show our wonderful players what heroes they are to us.

NSNO

Yes City is a big game and then Palace at home is so that pressure of winning them and trying to achieve something will be too much.

They will then come out and say this club needs a trophy and that they want to play in the champions league

Weird how every single time we have an opportunity to do something we get beat
You mean like when we came of the back of 3 defeats needing to win at Anfield to keep our chances going, we done that and the 2 after it? Or early in the season we had a couple of chances to go top and took them. Or when we went to a team that hadn’t won all season on Boxing Day, when everyone on here was expecting an ‘Everton That’ moment and we won or Spurs in the cup when we were getting written off at 0-1, 3-3 and 4-4 and we won etc

Status
Not open for further replies.