Match Thread Everton vs Arsenal 22/10/2017 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

...regardless of who plays i’m fully expecting route one tactics.

You could see during the midweek game that the team were not following orders to hit long balls. Since then RK has said we give the ball away when we try to pass it. I fully expect lots of long balls. Logic can only predict one winner and it’s not us.

We need pace out wide, some fight in the middle and a game plan.

Pickford

Jags. Keane. Williams

Schneiderlin

Vlasic. Gueye. Davies. Mirallas

Siggy

DCL.

I was tempted to drop Keane but I guess the return of Jags will help so that is a good chance for the boy to redeem himself on Sunday. Both Holgate and Martina are terrible at full back so I will give Davies a go. Sigurdsson to move to CM like when he is playing for Iceland. Proper wingers should be playing and hopefully 3 points against Arsenal on Sunday. In case Schneiderlin is not recovered in time...

Pickford

Davies Keane Jagielka (capt) Baines

Gana Sigurdsson

Lookman Vlasic Mirallas

Niasse

Subs: Williams, Rooney, Lennon, McCarthy, Klaassen, Stekelenburg, Calvert-Lewin.

Unavailable: Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Barkley, Coleman, Funes Mori, Kenny (all injured).

Last edited:
I see a game plan of attrition. RK virtually said this....we need to take aggression to them. Everyone and his dog knows the one way to beat Arsenal is get right in their faces for 90 minutes....snap at their heels and rough them up.
For that reason I reckon the inclusion of McCarthy in the U23's was no coincidence and I expect he will play tomorrow. I'd go a bit further, and go with something along these lines:
Pickford
Davies Jagielka Williams Baines
McCarthy/Besic Gana Gylfi
Lookman Vlasic
DCL

Based purely on strength attitude and aggression...with a bit of pace chucked in. Compact and somewhat unbalanced for sure...but what's new there. Baines purely because there's no other left back.

The same lineup except gana for mccarthy

Pickford
Martina Keane Jags Baines
Davies Schneiderlin Mccarthy
Rooney DCL Sigurdsson

He'll go back to his weird;
Pickford
Martina Williams Keane Baines
Gueye schneiderlin
Vlasic Rooney Sig
DCL

Roll over, get our bellies tickled, let Arsenal get their season back on track