Match Thread Everton vs Arsenal 22/10/2017 13:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiserEFC

Player Valuation: £70m
Couldn't see an Arsenal thread apologies if there is one.

Well so far it's been an excellent season. Everything has come together and the Toffees find themselves high in the table and look nailed on for that top 4 spot...in a parallel universe.

Face it we're crap. Crap, crap, crap. The reasons why we are so bad are being discussed in the myriad of threads on this fine site so I shall avoid that delight, however Everton are just plain bad.

The perfect time to be playing Arsenal then? Absolutely not.

The Gunners find themselves in sixth with 13 points and aren't playing too badly. Fresh from their win over Red Star in Europe courtesy of a beautiful goal from a beautiful man, they should be looking at Everton like we are easy meat. However we should never underestimate Arsenal's ability to drop an absolute clanger, and their form guide tells me they're due one (cling onto that mortal of hope, I fear its all we have).

olivier-giroud.jpg

They have some cracking players, but the pick of the bunch as any football fan will know are Sanchez, Ozil(is he that good?) and Lacazette with the latter really looking at home in english football. The app on my phone says they have five out, namely Mustafi (LOL), Welbeck and Cazorla.

They'll play the same way they always do, in the weird Wenger manner. Who cares anyway?

81+dNWLXxbL._SY606_.jpg

Anyway we shall move on to Everton.

Everton find themselves in a rut of despair however in which there may be a way out. An improved team selection and game plan made us only lose slightly to Lyon so could improvement be on the horizon? We shall see. The manager is apparently under pressure but I feel thats from the fans rather than the Board, so I'd say in this moment of time he's in more danger of having a child launched at him from the stands rather than his P45 from behind a desk. Too soon?

Who do we play then? I'd personally say Nikola Vlasic has been one of the only shining lights this season and has played his way into being a regular starter. I would hope Mirallas makes a starting return after Thursday, and its got to be DCL up front. God only knows what will happen in the middle but I'd play Gueye, Gylfi and Davies. Defence will likely see Martina on the right and Baines on the left, with the centre halves unchanged from thursday.

How do we play then? I want width and I want pace. So does everyone else. DCL has a good track record against the big teams, so get it into him from wide and hope for the best. Failing that a goal from a set piece/spawny penalty/act of god will suffice.

502309_1.jpg

The games on sky if anyone actually wants to watch it, or you could of course endure the trauma of watching it in AR or "actual reality" at Goodison Park 13:30 this Sunday. COYB!!!

This could be our worst afternoon at Arsenal, since that afternoon in 1998 when they hammered us to win the league.At least Koeman should hopefully be receiving his marching orders after this one.Better Everton sides than this pitiful rabble have failed to win at Arsenal over the years.Of course my heart says Everton will win.But to quote Dr Spock going by logic Arsenal will smash us.This one could get ugly people.

This could be our worst afternoon at Arsenal, since that afternoon in 1998 when they hammered us to win the league.At least Koeman should hopefully be receiving his marching orders after this one.Better Everton sides than this pitiful rabble have failed to win at Arsenal over the years.Of course my heart says Everton will win.But to quote Dr Spock going by logic Arsenal will smash us.This one could get ugly people.
It's not at Arsenal mate

Status
Not open for further replies.