Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gomes Delph
Richarlison Sigurdsson Iwobi
Kean

Everton 3 Wolves 0

I think this is a must win in terms of getting a spot in Europe. We don’t win away games often, and we never win them at rival team’s stadiums, so we need the points.

Think we will sneak this one 51% to 49% possession , lose 2-3 on corners and DCL heat map to be the decider.

After the Villa disappointment, this is an important game. They will be one of our 2 main competitors for an improved spot this season, big 6 point swing here. If we were good, we would beat them comfortably.
Agree if we play at our best and they play at there best, we win. But can we play at our best?

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gomes Delph
Kean

Everton 3 Wolves 0

I think this is a must win in terms of getting a spot in Europe. We don’t win away games often, and we never win them at rival team’s stadiums, so we need the points.

....I reckon it’s much too early to be thinking this is a ‘must win’ for a EL spot. A win would be great, but we need to hang in there until we’re up to speed.

10 games is always a good indicator of where we might end up, 25+ points at Christmas will also put us in the mix.

Last edited:
Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gomes Delph
Kean

Everton 3 Wolves 0

I think Bernard was rested at Lincoln with Wolves in mind...it was a heavy slippy pitch and with some pretty violent defending by Lincoln, so it was a good move. Therefore I think Bernie will start, do an hour, and make way for Iwogi. Wolves are a counter attacking team and our pace up front will be important. I can also see Kean doing an hour then being replaced by DCL or Tosun,my choice would be Tosun

Wolves is down with sane old European malaise common for all premier league mid table clubs, so should be easy pick for the Blues...2-0

I tend to agree, they going to have to play 90% of their starting line up in every Europa game to progress

But in saying that its not like we have hit our stride either.

We haven't turned up once either preseason or the handful of meaningful matches we have played

I'm not convinced we will on Sunday either - we barely clicked against Lincoln!

The positives from that game is gylfi, Richie and iwobi got off the mark

Broken

We need to go:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Delph Gomes

Siggurdsson Iwobi Richarlison

Kean

Richarlison simply isnt a RW and its costing us playing him there when he offers us much more in terms of goals etc from the left.

Get Iwobi in the middle making runs into the box and try Siggurdsson out wide as he played for Swansea as lets face it him there is better than Walcott.

DONT PLAY DCL!

It’s that time again where I get to enjoy my visit to Goodison on the back of watching my team enter the European group stages . Hopefully we aren’t to mentally or physically tired and can come and dish out another beating at your place once again .

I doubt we will open up to much but play a more defensive game where we will invite you upon on us then counter attack at speed and precision if jota and jiminez are on there game . We are a defensive team first and foremost and will look to capitalise on any loose balls or mistakes you present .

I think If you manage to score first that will benefit you, as then we will have no option but to come out and press obviously leaving space for your pacy Italian forward to exploit , but if we score first , I can see us putting 2 or 3 past you on the counter . Looking forward to experiencing Goodison again and hopefully leaving with a smug smile on my face ;) good luck and see you all Sunday UTW
Yep another dose of parasitic football from Wolves to look forward to.

Can't deny that it is effective but it is terrible to watch.

Good coaching and organisation can only take you so far.

Yep another dose of parasitic football from Wolves to look forward to.

Can't deny that it is effective but it is terrible to watch.

Good coaching and organisation can only take you so far.

:oops:

Parasitic football? You mean like what we had under Moyes, but with far more panache. They have an excellent manager and squad, and are fairly entertaining in possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.