Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue it didn't

Outside of the Man United game we were hardly scoring for fun and we got shut out by the likes of Palace and could badly debt Fulham

When it comes to breaking teams down the isolated striker rarely works

It's a system that requires urgent change
Playin 2 up top would probably mean we conceded more too.
It can work. Just needs the right personell.

Would absolutely love us to tank you smug beauts. We win we go 4 points above you after just 4 games so dont be getting too cocky.

Decent team like ourselves however you have had one half decent season in this league and you think your Man City LOL based on your relative lack of spending in the summer- this is as good as it gets for you lads when Moutinho retires/legs go and Neves buggers off to Big Red or the like whereas we are still after the likes of Zaha and Docoure despite spending over £120 million in the summer.
Sorry to burst your bubble but Zaha and docoure is nothing to brag about when judging by your enthusiasm your dreams are to break into the top four some day .Near enough every team in the premier league is owned by some billionaire or billionaires company who can now spend at will and as much a financial fair play allows , so sorry to say but Everton are in the same group as your west hams ,Leicester’s and wolves of this world for now .

Sorry to burst your bubble but Zaha and docoure is nothing to brag about when judging by your enthusiasm your dreams are to break into the top four some day .Near enough every team in the premier league is owned by some billionaire or billionaires company who can now spend at will and as much a financial fair play allows , so sorry to say but Everton are in the same group as your west hams ,Leicester’s and wolves of this world for now .

I tell you what tho mate, you have won League One and League Two titles, something Everton will never do, so fair play to your massive, massive club.

You’ll never be us

Considering only 3 teams in the league have spent more than us in the last 3 seasons and the new stadium on the horizon I disagree - the only thing keeping us back is the gamble of a manager in Silva.

I dont rate Silva so to an extent I agree at present he holds us back and we are stuck with the likes of yourselves and Leicester fighting over the 7th placed trophy.

I actually like Wolves and largely their level headed fans but more than a couple (such as yourself) have let one 7th placed finish get to your heads and suddenly your all condescending and coming on here telling everyone who will listen that you'll turn us over with ease.

We heard the same from Southampton and West Ham under their 1-2 seasons in the sun so as I say keep your powder dry until atleast after the game!

Wouldn’t want to be Everton thanks , we are wolves and on our own journey , and at this present moment in time loving every minute of it along with the rest of fans , players , manager and team ;) see you all Sunday.

Ive seen so many little no mark fans come on here over the years and it only ever ends 1 way for them.

Enjoy it and say hello to the EFL shortly.

If there's one thing that grinds my gears it's this - pluralising individuals (and I'll ignore the errant apostrophe for now). There is only one team called West Ham, only one called Leicester. Commentators do this all the time and I end up throwing things (fortunately I'm a lousy shot). If you want to make the point why not just say "Everton are in the same group as West Ham Leicester and Wolves"? Not difficult is it?

If we were going two up with Dom and Kean, Dom is the player you'd want deeper I think
Mourinho explains it here.
‘Look, if I have a triangle in midfield – Claude Makelele behind and two others just in front – I will always have an advantage against a pure 4-4-2 where the central midfielders are side by side. That’s because I will always have an extra man. It starts with Makelele, who is between the lines. If nobody comes to him he can see the whole pitch and has time. If he gets closed down it means one of the two other central midfielders is open. If they are closed down and the other team’s wingers come inside to help, it means there is space now for us on the flank, either for our own wingers or for our full-backs. There is nothing a pure 4-4-2 can do to stop things’.

And you're in the same bracket as Leicester & West Ham..... for now. Enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.