Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat performance today you would have thought it was us who played midweek not West ham.
Shows you how slowly we moved the ball when Gomes quickened things up.
The dreadful lack of squad depth once again illustrated by having to bring Tosun off the bench.

Honestly, Im not too worried about this one. West Ham played for the draw and absolutely packed it in, they won just because of one of those ridiculously lucky bounces you get maybe a few times a season, nothing that can be done about that. The real disappointment was lack of chances, but that was mostly down to the lack of good creativity and passes from Davies, Doucoure, Coleman, and Bernard IMHO.

It shows that our most pressing current need is a top winger, to break down teams like that.

What I hate about Everton are all the whiney fans who flip flop with their opinions about players by the second. You should all look in the mirror and see what's really responsible for the situation at our club and that's constant moaning and no consistent backing for our players. We win one, two, three, four games and everybody loses their minds: "We will pull a Leicester." Where is the humility and the realism? We lose one game and suddenly we're bound for a decade and the Championship and all our players are lousy. How would you perform at your jobs if everytime you had a just about average day at work and people would start booing and hurling insults at you? We're the Schalke to Liverpool's Dortmund. You know what good supporters get right? They maintain a sense for real life and they back even their most mediocre players as their own. Get behind Davies, get behind Siggy, get behind Seamus. Especially the disrespectful slander against Seamus is so infuriating. Sure, we need better players. But defecating all over a humble, loyal servant to our club who happens to be as decent a human being as seems possible for a modern football, I can't understand this nonsense. We have to be better as fans. Especially those that frequent Goodison. I'll catch a lot of flack for this, but most of you will know there's truth to this.

....grim fayre, we’ve been grounding out wins and now we’ve lost a lot of creativity. No complaints, Moyes set his team out very well organised with Ogbanna outstanding. Should’ve tested the keeper more from range, we played with no tempo and we’re not good without tempo.

Not many pluses. few players prepared to break through the lines preferring to play safe. I think Mina is on top of his game and gets my MoM.
Playing against a keeper who was brought in last minute and we at no point in the game tested him. I don’t think and of our players can put their foot through the ball from 25 yards out.

Heads on lads, our starting 11 was worse than what we played for the majority of last season apart from Doucs.

James first game back, wasn’t expecting much but at least he played two touch football. Coleman didn’t overlap with Bernard once the entire time on the wing, Richie didn’t run at defenders.

Losing that match sends a stronger message to the team than if we drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.