Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not got the guile to break a team like that down still.

Gomes showed when he came on we still need a central player who can either drive past a player to disrupt the block, or find the pass to do so.

Work in progress.

I can always tell when we'll put in a performance like that throughout the first 10 minutes - gutless. It's hard to put your finger on the problem.

Not too different to many other performances this season when up against teams that play anti football. We just don't have players with the intelligence, or ability, if I'm being honest, to create anything other than chances from free kicks and corners.

We've had the luck in other similar borefest games to score from a set piece, the luck was bound to go the other way once in a while.

Width is a particular problem for us in the final third against such teams packing the defence with 10 players... It forces everything central and we have no chance creating down the centre in these games as it's too crowded.

Gomes MOTM for his cameo, looked much more like the player I want to see.

Poor game from us. Just didn't come off for us. Davies MOTM. Godfrey, Holgate and Mina couldn't handle the physicality. Doucoure was very poor. Siggy and Bernard had little come off for them. James didn't impact the game but coming back from injury. A really horrible game to lose

davies? He was crap ... everyone bar Pickford was ... and he just wasn’t at fault for the goal. DCL is the o my one that may have an excuse as he has played every minute and had zero service

Status
Not open for further replies.