Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to make a proper statement and put these to the sword. Showing we can dominate Spurs was fantastic but we also have to be taking maximum points from all outside the top 6 with few slip ups to keep us where we need to be!

Hello Toffees!
Last season we were very ordinary at home, but easily the best team in the league away from home.
Our 11 behind the ball days are over - tfft (!)- and whilst we might sit deep.... a bit...... we've got some players who can score on the break. I think naivety will be our undoing and you've made some top signings.
Everton to win? Maybe.
Maybe not... :p

@carlos21 go get em tiger

Hello Toffees!
Last season we were very ordinary at home, but easily the best team in the league away from home.
Our 11 behind the ball days are over - tfft (!)- and whilst we might sit deep.... a bit...... we've got some players who can score on the break. I think naivety will be our undoing and you've made some top signings.
Everton to win? Maybe.
Good luck Emma - from after the weekend until we play again of course.
Think you may find it hard this year, for the first time in nearly 30 years we actually have a dangerous team imo. Could be a very good game though.

Hello Toffees!
Everton to win? Maybe.
Hi Emma, in the nicest possible way I mean this, don’t you dare try and destroy our newly found optimism. Thanks

Comfortable 2-0 win for the blues:bye:

It's so Everton to be defeated by an underdog, just after giving us supporters some belief after a big win. This will be a test for CA - has he really changed Everton ?

Other than the first 25 minutes or so where they pressed pretty well they were very poor, and even with the work they actually put in in the first 25 they still only managed 1 shot on target

Defence is appalling and slow, Richarlison will run them ragged and wouldn’t be surprised if you get a penalty for one of them pulling him down, their centre backs seem to forget you can’t get away with all the pulling and holding of strikers in the Prem like you can in the Championship, just look at the penalty they gave away for our 2nd goal, just about sums them up
I'd like two penalties on Saturday if you please. Seems like to going rate... never forget 1968! 4 -0 to the Magical Toffemen. Hope I'm not getting carried away already!
Steady on! All this talk of us being awarded penalties is enough to make a chap's head spin. We'll get our annual penalty sometime in March.

I say this every time we look to maybe be finally turning the corner but here it goes again: these are the most telling games. Early kickoff, no crowd, against a team we have more talent then and that is surely going to be sitting deep means that we need to come out, control the game, play fast and put them away swiftly. Stacking wins together during a stretch like West Brom, Palace, Brighton is how you push toward Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.