Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another clean sheet would be nice, with a comfortable win margin, say 2-0.

Can't take anything for granted though. We might have 70 percent possession here, but have to do the business on the day.

A home debut goal for one of our new guys would be great.

Build on the Spurs performance and crush these. We need to get into the winning mentality.

Exactly this.

We were "Everton that" because we were never good enough and nothing like consistent enough. Carlo has bought the players to remedy this (or at least to start to) and now they must deliver, week in, week out.

In six months time, I'd hope to see us getting more penalties because we're attacking with intent much more; to see us getting "lucky" results because we never let up; to see us avoiding potential disasters because we're more clued up in our preparation.

When these things happen as a habit, "Everton that" should be shorthand for getting the right result no matter what happens.

Referee: Mike Dean.
Assistants: Darren Cann, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Jeremy Simpson.
VAR: Simon Hooper.
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child.

Probably over confident?

I sat next to this fella who'd been going the game for like 50+ years one season and he brought that WBA final up once. He said it was a young Everton side that though better, just got bullied by an older bunch of grocks on the day.

Hello Toffees!
Last season we were very ordinary at home, but easily the best team in the league away from home.
Our 11 behind the ball days are over - tfft (!)- and whilst we might sit deep.... a bit...... we've got some players who can score on the break. I think naivety will be our undoing and you've made some top signings.
Everton to win? Maybe.
Maybe not... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.