Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I made a joke earlier about winning our first 4 games before the derby. But if we actually did my nerves be so gone. I haven’t been arst about the derby in a few years and even when we get a draw I don’t care. Cause it just prolongs the disgraceful run.

But if we find ourselves 4 in a row going in I’d be genuinely happy to get a draw. Can’t imagine how I’d be with a win.

As a defender I have some sympathy for Mina in regard to the first WBA goal. When I played we were happy to see forwards shooting from over 20 yards, indeed we were encouraged to invite them to shoot rather than have them get in and about the penalty area. As a defender you expect your goalkeeper to save 99 times out of 100.
The free kick was a very good strike, sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say “good goal”.
When it went 2-2 I thought we were going to do an Everton, however we now have players don’t know about our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
There were a couple of worrying moments, the first goal and early in the second half they broke through the middle and we looked likethe team of Siggy and Davies. However I expect that Carlo will sort that.
Best thing about today was not James doing his stuff but an Everton No. 9 scoring a hat trick, I have doubts about DCL and his ability to take a half chance but you cannot argue against him today.

I made a joke earlier about winning our first 4 games before the derby. But if we actually did my nerves be so gone. I haven’t been arst about the derby in a few years and even when we get a draw I don’t care. Cause it just prolongs the disgraceful run.

But if we find ourselves 4 in a row going in I’d be genuinely happy to get a draw. Can’t imagine how I’d be with a win.
At least we have some fighters in the team now who can front players like Arnold and Robertson

Status
Not open for further replies.