Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought a game like today would be better to start him instead of gomes, but west brom played the exact opposite to how i thought based on their line-up. Think siggurdsson as the furthest forward of the midfield 3 is such an attacking team. He's shown this week how creative he is when we have forwards with movement and taking up clever positions.

Yep I was saying Gomes and Sigurdsson should rotate depending on the team.. Gomes maybe when we have to sit back a bit. Sigurdsson against the lesser teams, he can play deep lying playmaker as well.

Sigurdsson looked sharp today.

It's very rare you go against a hat trick scorer for MOM. But James in that second half was just imperious. I can't remember seeing such quality in a blue shirt and I'm 60. A bit too young for Alan Ball and Alex Young. But this guy is a special talent.

Even Digne, somebody used to playing with quality for both clubs and country, was caught on his heels a couple of times with James' ability to find him.

Hopefully we can keep him fit.
I feel for you mate Alan Ball and the Golden Vision were wonderful :)

I thought Hames was the difference today, he’s on a different level. West Brom impressed me and we struggled a bit with them on the break and was getting caught up the pitch too much early in the game. Doucoure wasn’t quite at it today, Allen grew into the game and Gomes was solid hand side was impressiveMina struggled, Calvert Lewin was a threat all game. Substitutes i thought iwobi and Siggardson both played well. I think last week was better the 3 points are massive today, and we have another week and another very winnable match next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.