Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early days obviously so not pointing fingers etc. But either one of Allan or Daucoure need to sit. Whilst the other harries. Both doing it and we're getting carved open too easily.

Nevertheless, Allan is superb on the ball and James, I mean, don't really need to say anything, he's ridiculous.

What an interesting 45 mins.
Wont have any issues scoring this season.
Doubts about the defence havent really been eased. Mina and pickford concerns
But i would have taken that a few weeks before the season.
I dont think our games will be boring thats for sure.

Yes, Mina and Pickford have been a huge concern.

Big worry for the 2nd half is Bilic is so angry, one of their players might leave one on one of our players. Especially James.

Yeah I get you and I'm glad the game is pretty won because of it, but I wouldn't be ending games for a shove

Shove in the face though, it's just unwarranted. I get footballers have tempers and on the pitch, in that pressure, it can be a pressure cooker but his head has gone.

Lets hope we don't Everton this up.

We definitely need a pacey one, mina had to keep backing off for that goal because we were so exposed and he knew he'd be rinsed for pace if he came out to confront dianganga. He'd have got a red if he fouled him too. A pacey defender may have been able to come out and meet him.

I really don't like mine and keane together.
Theyre fine when we sit deep but when we have a higher line, like at home, there is so much space in behind and like you said they just drop into it because of the lack of pace. Mina has to put a tackle in there tho, he's dropped about 30 yards.

Although it's funny Bilic also got a red card, that's horrible from the referee to send him off just to approaching him. Exactly like Carlo last season when we were all complaining about him being sent off for literally speaking to the referee. Needless from the referee in my opinion. Bilic is right, the referee should have taken a look at the monitor, even if it wouldn't have changed his mind!

Really need to get used to the idea the match isn't finished for us when we concede the first goal anymore.
Don't we still have a record of not winning after conceding first? Can't remember us breaking that especially given the terrible restart.

Are we breaking another unwanted hoodoo today?

Status
Not open for further replies.