Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
James should be where Gomes plays - dictate the tempo of the game.

Still need a RW & CB - thats where the money has to go and we'll smash these 10 behind the ball teams.

There was no foul off the ball tho, James just checked him a bit. Happens every minute of the match

I probably need to see it again, but it looked a bit over the top. I was worried for a second, but even then it'd only be a yellow.

Shouting “check their goal, check the red card”

The goal was checked hence why it was given and the Gibbs red didn’t warrant VAR as it was clear and obvious.

Tit.

Everything is checked. The red would have been checked by video. They took one look at it and went you've got it right.

Every goal is checked, every potential red.

They just don't always bring the screen up. They only bring the screen up (on the tele) when its a longer stoppage (ie, its being reviewed thoroughly).

What an interesting 45 mins.
Wont have any issues scoring this season.
Doubts about the defence havent really been eased. Mina and pickford concerns
But i would have taken that a few weeks before the season.
I dont think our games will be boring thats for sure.

Stayed off here during the 1st half cos my stream was so far behind. Thought West Brom started really well, aggressive and not allowing us time, but no way they could keep that up all half.

Poor goal to concede. Great James goal. Bit of luck with VAR for once, and on the right side of a stupid red card for a change. COYB

Shaky start, but that half-time lead is purely down to the quality we have brought in. When you have players like James in the team, you always have the chance of something happeneing.

Also, sniff it, Bilic :red:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.