Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know that Moyes was the right call for us specifically because of the history. However we needed a longer term builder and Moyes is a longer term builder.
I actually think the history helps. He is pretty much our most significant manager since Kendall. Joe obviously has a good shout, but never had the longevity of Moyes.

How great would it have been for Moyes to finally get a trophy against the RS in an FA Cup final?!

Not sure how it would work with Brands though, as Moyes seems to call all the shots at West Ham now.

…..when you set up to allow the opposition so much possession you have to be organised behind the ball. We were wide open after the Richarlison goal, no energy or tempo without Gordon we handed them the initiative.

We have injuries in key areas but it shouldn’t stop you being organised. Benitez game management was dreadful & does not augur well for coming months.

MoM Allan.

That shambles is up there with the very worst home performances I’ve ever seen. Rondon’s individual performances are also about as poor as I’ve ever seen, yet he stays on for the full game giving his best impression of what a non league centre half would look like spearheading a premier league attack.

Make no mistake, Watford are absolutely awful yet they’ve played Everton off the park away from home. This is desperate and it looks like the pea-hearted players who keep getting away with sub-standard perforomances are continually considered for game time regardless.

I used to get upset at this sort of eye bleeding attack on my football senses but why the hell should I when this lot don’t.

well played Anthony Gordon and Tom Davies, thank you for your endeavour Andros…. The rest of you were an embarrassment to top flight football

I said when he was here he deserved starts he's a good player. Carlo treated him badly.

I actually think the history helps. He is pretty much our most significant manager since Kendall. Joe obviously has a good shout, but never had the longevity of Moyes.

How great would it have been for Moyes to finally get a trophy against the RS in an FA Cup final?!

Not sure how it would work with Brands though, as Moyes seems to call all the shots at West Ham now.
Would a majority of our fans be supportive? Moyes isn't a quick fix manager. Could we have endured 6 months of being poor?

Status
Not open for further replies.