Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I missed the game today so going to check up on the MOTD highlights. Sounds like we were solid enough defensively and got the job done.

I'm very happy to win 1 nil at this stage of the season. We will get better as the weeks go by and our signings get more up to speed.

I went with Mina, but for me it was close between he, Bernard, Pickford and Keane. Nice to see us so solid at the back early on - hopefully we can sharpen our attack in the next couple weeks.

I must rely on MOTD.

In real time I said penalty.

It never even looked a pen on the TV tbh mate but I've seen others in the GS end say they thought it was.

It was actually a good call from Mason and VAR checked straight away.

But, Mina never touched the ball (or player), so why the VAR official didn't then isntruct Mason to give a GK is beyond me.

VAR - the technology - works. It's the dreadful and inconsistent officials who ruin it.

I missed the game today so going to check up on the MOTD highlights. Sounds like we were solid enough defensively and got the job done.

I'm very happy to win 1 nil at this stage of the season. We will get better as the weeks go by and our signings get more up to speed.

Pretty much. Watford fit the bar and had one good chance from a Richarlison mistake.

Other than that we did well, without being great.

But, Richarlison missed two sitters, DCL passed up another good chance and Kean missed two chances that he created for himself (not easy ones by any means). Without playing well, we could easily have still got more. In fact, had we got a second i think we'd have gone onto get 3 or 4.

Pretty much. Watford fit the bar and had one good chance from a Richarlison mistake.

Other than that we did well, without being great.

But, Richarlison missed two sitters, DCL passed up another good chance and Kean missed two chances that he created for himself (not easy ones by any means). Without playing well, we could easily have still got more. In fact, had we got a second i think we'd have gone onto get 3 or 4.

I'm happy enough with that at this stage in the season. But we are still a poor team in front of goal for this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.