Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
3-1 home win...... Goals from McNeil, Tarks and Gray.

Spuds will get a scrappy consolation goal late on. Maybe the over-rated Kane (when our players are tired, Godfrey has put a careless leg out in the box with Kane diving and winning a pen).

Everton sitting pretty in 13th/14th 3 pts ahead of 17th going into the united game.

Why is this a must win/do or die?

After getting 4 unexpected points vs Arsenal and Chelsea, we are in a better position than I expect even Dyche thought we would be in.

This game will 100% not be one that he had earmarked as a must win when he took us on.

After getting 4 unexpected points vs Arsenal and Chelsea, we are in a better position than I expect even Dyche thought we would be in.

This game will 100% not be one that he had earmarked as a must win when he took us on.
You are correct but it would make life more bearable if we have a good April and a win on Monday would be huge.

Then I can stop reading the Relegation thread and focus on the misery spouting whoppers in the Financial Fair Play thread.

You are correct but it would make life more bearable if we have a good April and a win on Monday would be huge.

Then I can stop reading the Relegation thread and focus on the misery spouting whoppers in the Financial Fair Play thread.
Yeah of course but it’s hardly a must win.

Our 4 must win games are Palace, Leicester, Wolves and Bournemouth. Anything else is a bonus at this point when looking at the fixtures.

Just think, its one of them that makes the mind think that way, I guess every game from now until end of season has that feel to it, even if the truth is not necessarily so.
We are way better off, defo, but any win or point taken now eases the burden as we approach the crucial points tally.

Maybe do or die is too strong an emotion to attach to this one?

Either way lets hope by 10 on Monday night we are better off than when it started

UTFT

Similar to Chelsea, any points gained from this game are a massive bonus now. Never seem to be able to predict Spurs, Conte seemed to be dragging the spirit down so wouldn't be surprised if they feel shackles are off.

We have to change our mindset though that when were at home we feel we can give anyone a game. Dyche wants that fortress feeling so we can't be looking at this as a written off loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.