Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To heavily buy into a cause or belief that is utterly doomed to failure and disgrace with complete disregard to all reasoning, evidence, and intuitions that clearly indicate such result.

Example. Everton looked amazing today, I think they’ll go to Arsenal and win.

But in all seriousness, today gave us all something to be proud of and to look forward to. COYB!!

Getting tired of the ‘What a performance’ Cup. 4 points against 6 trash teams is awful
If you genuinely can't see the progression from the spineless teams from the previous 5 years, you really should consider watching a different sport. Our attitude has completely changed and the improvement in numerous players is clear for everyone to see. Who knows what will happen but to deny that we'll heading in the right direction is simply disingenuous.

Still think Milners foot was playing Coadey onside like, but Vin Dijk for certain should have seen red for that horrid stomp on Onana, that was a pure ankle breaker and meant as well.

Thought for good periods today we had them looking absolutely ragged at the back, very rarely can I say that about a derby.

Nobody let the side down today for sure though. Great to see the quality in Gueyes play almost instantly - Onana is everything Mina isn't in terms of a proper player who'll play through knocks, lol the stuff about Coadey being a red - the way he celebrated he's bloody committed to us - mom Pickford for some outstanding stops, but what a game by Patterson - absolutely put all doubts to bed today did the lad
It was but Everton and Var

….I’m trying to not get carried away with Onana but what a mature display from such a young and inexperienced footballer in such a high profile match. As well as Davies played, you could tell Lampard was desperate to get Gueye onto the pitch. That’s his 3, Onana, Gana and Iwobi.

Sure, we rode our luck and Pickford was outstanding but there are signs. For older posters, it reminded me a little of the Maine Rd League Cup Final replay which the Reds narrowly won but we knew we had the makings of improvement.

Everybody contributed today, full-backs, CBs, every individual put a shift in but Onana gets my MoM. Telling when he was struggling after the dreadful tackle, two teammates were urging him to continue. I’m trying to not get carried away, but we could have a very special talent.

That's about it Eggs. Draws in 1984 against them and the Milk Cup final defeat (my first game after that against Southampton) is how I feel we are at right now. That's saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.