Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We are not the finished article yet - but what a breath of fresh air seeing competent footballers in every position in the team.
I can watch us for the first time in ages and not expect a major balls up from someone.
We've ditched Gomes and Gbamin thankfully - but it's no coincidence that the team doesn't include Mina, Godfrey or Holgate. Don't let any of these back into the squad. They may be 'athletes' - though generously including Mina in that term - but they have no football ability. Would have loved to get rid of these if they were not injured.
Agree with you , but certainly not about Mina

I have a long memory of bad refereeing in this fixture - the numerous penalties we've been denied at The Pit, the 1984 League Cup Final and more.. The dodgy goals (McAllister), the dodgy red cards (Rodwell, Hibbert but not for Kuyt (the clearest of them all), The Carragher fouls on Lescott, The Poll Disallowed goal, The Hamilton goal.. The Lyons goal in the 70s..

And now the Coady goal..

So don't tell me these things even themselves out - because they damn well don't.
Super Kev at Anfield though and the Lee Carsley pile on? Them times keep us going.

so i've been a season ticket holder for about 4 years now and i've managed to get tickets for the derby before

this is my record

0-0 - february 2015 - ticket
0-0 - april 2018 - season ticket
0-0 - march 2019 - season ticket
0-0 - june 2020 - couldn't attend due to covid-19
2-2 - october 2020 - couldn't attend due to covid-19
1-4 - december 2021- season ticket
0-0 - September 2022 - season ticket

i've seen 4 0-0's and the only game we scored a goal in that i could celebrate it was a game we lost 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.