Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie - im gutted tonight

Sat on the train home listening to blues singing a 0-0

Not sure why im so down about it tonight - other years I'd be delighted with a draw against the mutants
It was our best chance to beat them for ages. I thought we should have really gone for it in the last 10.
If we had more points on the board we would have I'm sure.
That said a draw was probably fair - but I know how you feel.

Not gonna lie - im gutted tonight

Sat on the train home listening to blues singing a 0-0

Not sure why im so down about it tonight - other years I'd be delighted with a draw against the mutants
Dont get too down lad. There are a lot of positives from the match today. The blues will be celebrating the manner of the performance not the result. Early days and all that. Up the toffees.

Was out with family today (first time we've all been able to get together for a few years). Obviously we were on BT so sky won't be doing one of their hour long shows... Are we first on motd, or do BT do a rerun maybe?

Dont get too down lad. There are a lot of positives from the match today. The blues will be celebrating the manner of the performance not the result. Early days and all that. Up the toffees.
Yeah it was all about the performance after not just years of backs to the wall being our only option against that lot but the fact all last season was backs to the wall.

Lampard has us drilled like a Mourinho team from his days at Chelsea. We’re incredibly hard to get in behind and are a real threat on the break with pace and power all over the midfield and attack.

The best I could get from the rs bro in law was the challenge wasn't a red...more a deep orange.

They know they got 2 lucky VAR decisions.

The default VAR setting is - a quick unofficial check of the badge first - before the official freeze frame and movable line BS...just ask Moyes and Silva - or Onana for that matter.

It was our best chance to beat them for ages. I thought we should have really gone for it in the last 10.
If we had more points on the board we would have I'm sure.
That said a draw was probably fair - but I know how you feel.
We couldn’t go for it as we have zero attacking options off the bench. It’ll constantly come back to bite us in tight games.

Played well today but ran out of steam last ten up top.

At the end there, passing it round the back, like an oddity at the end of how it was played.
Some of the cancelling out, with style and/or wit was superb. I don't doubt Mykolenko anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.