Homepage Update: Everton v Swansea. Monday 18th December - 8.00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder would Barkley be able to play in midfield alongside Rooney and Gana? He can certainly carry the ball well enough but without it I'd be worried.
Maybe, but if Barkley stays, and I don't think he will, I would guess he would be competing with Sigurdsson for a spot in the 11.

I think Davies will be a good player but he's still young, so if he keeps improving his game his time will come, but we still have Rooney,Besic,Mcarthy,Baningabe who can all play there. At this moment in time I'd prefer any to be playing rather than Snides, it's like he the bit of negativity that's left over from Koemans time here, get him gone I say.
I agree, and I don't have a great deal of evidence for my earlier comment, but that position is pretty much the only one, other than up front, that BFS has tinkered with.

Not sure where you're getting that he doesn't fancy them from mate?

It's been one or the other starting there in our games so far and he certainly rates Davies as he's mentioned him a few times.

It's just squad rotation.

And while I like N'Zonzi and really rate him as a player, he's always been more effective for Sevilla in the same role that Schneiderlin is for us - i.e. the deep-lying playmaker in front of our defence.

But that would just leave the same issue - Gana having to be the spare midfielder and that negates his game, which is basically screening the entirety of the pitch across the defence.

Against teams when we will have a lot of the ball, we have the players in Davies and Rooney to play a 4-3-3. Rooney is the playmaker, picking up the ball facing the goal, and Davies is the energetic box-to-box player.

We also have McCarthy and Klaassen in reserve, and who knows what's going to happen when Ross gets fit.

Clearly, there's doubts - for a variety of reasons - for all of the above, but let's see.

I like N'Zonzi but just not sure it's an area we should be targeting at this minute as he's really a very similar player to Schneiderlin - just with more of a physical presence.

And we all saw how good Schneiderlin can be when he came in last year, but the system needs to be right (i.e. 4-2-3-1 away from home or, if he plays at home, in a 4-3-3 with Davies and Rooney).
I don't really have any evidence to support my comment other than that position and CF being the only ones BFS has rotated since he's been here. My point, really, was that I wouldn't be surprised if the Dudley diddler was looking at a box to box midfielder to play alongside Gana as, despite all of our midfielders, we don't seem to have a competent, or at least a consistent, one. I'm almost certainly wrong though!

Absolutely howled during the huddersfield one with the sexual noise from Rooneys pass.

Ans during west ham, pickfords short back and stompin!

He must continue with these.

Only annoying thing is he's one of them who Tweets about EVERYTHING that's happening in the world with about 19000 tweets a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.