Homepage Update: Everton v Swansea. Monday 18th December - 8.00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performances like this are what we need to stay in the league; build the foundations then play better expansive stuff. Not pretty, but cast your mind back to Southampton, Atalanta etc etc. 4 weeks ago I couldn’t see where the next win/ goal was coming from.

Exactly mate.

Shipped 5 at home to Atalanta and Arsenal. Chinned away by Lyon and Southampton. It's nice to be winning again.

I wouldn’t say we’ve performed pretty well.

We’ve been solid, but offered very little as an attacking unit.

This is a game at home to the bottom placed team, our team should be adjusted to attack them.

Very disappointed with this rigid setup.

We were lethargic at the start and the key to that was the two DM's.

However, I think it was always the plan to keep it tight and then introduce Davies in the second half.

We weren't up to scratch in the first half and got lucky with the ball finding DCL to make sure we were level.

Second half was extremely comfortable though. Saw through an early little spell of Swansea possession without them getting close and then Davies' introduction immediately changed the game.

Moment of inspiration from Gylfi and then a bit of luck late on.

Easy win in the end. Needed some luck but that happens.

Relief when Davies came on it changed the game!
The tactic changed the game. If Gana had of come off we still would have been more on the front foot as positional changes took place. I am not saying Schnides is great or anything but it was more of Alladyces change rather than Davies coming on

Siggys goal was a peach.
Morgan off Davies on and everything and everyone looks so much better.

At home, we need to be starting with that against the lesser sides.

Literally the whole team looks miles better.

Gana is twice the player. Rooney is getting the ball facing the goal rather than having to get it with his back to goal and Davies gets about. Also pushes Gylfi and the other winger up.

I disagree if that's OK. He hasn't been great but tonight he was Ok as a link. He was brought off and positional changes were made. Davies has done OK since he came on but he is not playing in schnides place and I had reservations about him coming on because he has been worse than Schnides for a while.
It's OK to disagree but the substitution changed the game. Whether they play in the same position or not, having Schneiderlin in the team doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.