Everton v Stoke City. 27 Aug at 1500.

Stoke?

• Sound enough

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Scruffy

Votes: 134 43.1%
  • Never been

Votes: 46 14.8%
  • LOL @ Phil Taylor losing his Queen's honour the sexpesting fat pathetic slug

Votes: 97 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting the issue with Barkley. He was trying to make stuff happen, which will inevitably result in stray passes as it's the hardest pass to play.

Like I said in the Barkley thread, he scores his left footer and mirallas smashes in the one given tipped over, we'd be saying he had a great game. Fine margins and all that, I think he played well

Me too.

I think a new, more confident Ross is already emerging.

And I think his omission from the England squad is a blessing in disguise for him....and EFC.

Ross will want to prove the Fat hoofmeister wrong to drop him and that will work out well.

“I think we deserved something, considering how harsh their penalty was it’s a bit of a shambles. You come to places like this and it’s really difficult and then the referee is against you as well. We just need to keep our heads down and get the results we need.

“Referees say they won’t (hold anything against Stoke) but the two penalties we’ve conceded in the last two weeks have been a bit of a shambles. Bardo’s had a look again and apparently it’s the worst decision ever.

“Fair play to any team that plays against us now because they know that if they go down they’re going to be given pens. Referees have a really hard job and we understand that but I tell you what, they make it hard for themselves with some of the decisions they make.

“I don’t mind saying it. I’ll get in trouble but that was a shambles and hopefully something will be done about him because we’ve lost points. These things need to happen at referees as well.

“There are certain things… Peter Crouch is 6ft 7in and their two centre-halves knew they were in for a tough time. There was a lot of grappling going on and they just got on with it. In the box is different and players just need to go down.”

These are Glenn Whelan's quotes. What a tit lol

Me too.

I think a new, more confident Ross is already emerging.

And I think his omission from the England squad is a blessing in disguise for him....and EFC.

Ross will want to prove the Fat hoofmeister wrong to drop him and that will work out well.
The Fat Hoofmeister.
Oh my, words fail me. The tears are rolling down my face.
Incredible description, and one that should from now on be used every time this lardasses name is mentioned.

“I think we deserved something, considering how harsh their penalty was it’s a bit of a shambles. You come to places like this and it’s really difficult and then the referee is against you as well. We just need to keep our heads down and get the results we need.

“Referees say they won’t (hold anything against Stoke) but the two penalties we’ve conceded in the last two weeks have been a bit of a shambles. Bardo’s had a look again and apparently it’s the worst decision ever.

“Fair play to any team that plays against us now because they know that if they go down they’re going to be given pens. Referees have a really hard job and we understand that but I tell you what, they make it hard for themselves with some of the decisions they make.

“I don’t mind saying it. I’ll get in trouble but that was a shambles and hopefully something will be done about him because we’ve lost points. These things need to happen at referees as well.

“There are certain things… Peter Crouch is 6ft 7in and their two centre-halves knew they were in for a tough time. There was a lot of grappling going on and they just got on with it. In the box is different and players just need to go down.”

I take it these notes were written in crayon and left on matrons desk at some secret asylum somewhere.
The drugs need increasing, methinks.

Selective memory syndrome.......and I agree that was not a penno on Saturday.

First up, the penalty they were awarded in the City game was every bit as soft, if not more so, than the one which went against them.

And secondly.....I don't think the penalty they got to win at Goodison last season was a righteous one.

But hey, let Glenn have a good old moan :dance:

.......and I agree that was not a penno on Saturday.

Have to disagree with this mate, when it was given I did think it was a dubious decision, but having watched it several times since I believe the ref got it spot on, just because their player didn't mean to trip Williams the fact of the matter he did trip him. If you look at the rs pen on Saturday it's pretty much the same scenario, the spurs player didn't intentionally bring the player down just a tangle of legs but still a pen, this is why a winger is told to cut in front of a defender once he has beaten him especially in the penalty area because the defender can't avoid him and a penalty given. I think the majority of pens given away are not intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.