Everton v Stoke City. 27 Aug at 1500.

Stoke?

• Sound enough

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Scruffy

Votes: 134 43.1%
  • Never been

Votes: 46 14.8%
  • LOL @ Phil Taylor losing his Queen's honour the sexpesting fat pathetic slug

Votes: 97 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the game this morning (sorry for repeating this from Barkley thread)..
First half Ross and Holgate were stand outs. Williams did well too with Barry. Thought Gueye wasn't in the game yet.

2nd half and Gueye stepped up and was well involved. Williams also excellent and Barkley still in the heart of most moves.
Bolasie didn't offer anything going forward this game but did out I a defensive shift to help Holgate.

Holgate MOTM for me.. Mirallas 2nd. If only him and Lukaku looked for other players more.

My biggest question; can we beat the teams that play actual futbol? Will we beat the Manchester Clubs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenhams? We've proven that we can win the ugly games, but we also need to be able to beat the top teams. Hopefully We win the next row of games before City and see how we square against them.

My biggest question; can we beat the teams that play actual futbol? Will we beat the Manchester Clubs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenhams? We've proven that we can win the ugly games, but we also need to be able to beat the top teams. Hopefully We win the next row of games before City and see how we square against them.

Well, I think we showed the other week we are well capable of beating Tottenham at any rate.

Only profligate finishing and the fact we were not much more than half fit cost us the win that day.

Ya have to very happy... Will Koeman is still adjusting the team and settling players we are picking up wins! Very good base for when the team clicks and we move onwards ... Hopefully !

ross was awful in this game, his decision making still hasn't improved.

Incredible how he has so much ability, and when he get the decision right, he's fantastic.

Complete opposite if he gets it wrong, slows the play down. Just needs to stop holding onto the ball for 34 years before playing the pass.

Just spending Sun & and Sun night in Longton , beside Stokes ground. The physical descriptions of 'Stokies' are not, I repeat NOT, an exaggeration.

That was in the cup I think. We also had a goal disallowed that same game for [Poor language removed] all. Think its in the league we haven't had a pen there for 80 odd years.
No deffo the league, Dec 11 1988, remember watching it on the telly, its probably our only penalty there in 80 years though...

Not getting the issue with Barkley. He was trying to make stuff happen, which will inevitably result in stray passes as it's the hardest pass to play.

Like I said in the Barkley thread, he scores his left footer and mirallas smashes in the one given tipped over, we'd be saying he had a great game. Fine margins and all that, I think he played well

Status
Not open for further replies.