Everton v Stoke City. 27 Aug at 1500.

Stoke?

• Sound enough

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Scruffy

Votes: 134 43.1%
  • Never been

Votes: 46 14.8%
  • LOL @ Phil Taylor losing his Queen's honour the sexpesting fat pathetic slug

Votes: 97 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't put your daft words in my mouth thanks mate.

A little surprised at the slating of Barkley tbh. We seemingly have very high standards for him.

The standards people set him are unreasonable. He is a very good player that is expected by most to be pele-esque otherwise he is crap. A steady game by Barkley is unfairly deemed as rubbish. Personally I thought he had a good game and is now getting in the box quicker and actually winning some headers albeit without much direction. The Koeman effect is taking place on his game and he is challenging in the air and doing some pressing which was missing from his game under RM. By seasons end he will be a better all round player IMO.

Don't ever think that Stoke are badly treated or that they are unlucky. If a penalty is given against Stoke every week for the next 10 years
it won't be enough, WBA come to mind also, only because of their managers. Up until recently the biggest perpetrators of the 'Darker Arts'
has always been the RS (Is it 80 years since our last penalty away), in the last year or so West Ham came up to Anfield to play a Prem game,
they had a tall lad down to play called Andy Carroll, I was interested who would mark him at 'set pieces' etc. would it be Frankenskrtel or
one of the ' two black weightwatchers '. Well Lo and Behold it was none of them, it was......................Joe Allen. Needless to say Carroll
hardly got a header in, the 4ft Welsh sewer-rat pulled his shirt,shorts and hair for the duration. Joe, has since moved to Stoke, would you
believe? He can now join forces Charlie Adam, another gentleman of the game. I don't blame Joe for doing what he is told I blame the
manager at that time. It was the Lip-Licking Gecko at Celtic.
Wayne Clarke scored a penalty at Wankfield in 1988

The standards people set him are unreasonable. He is a very good player that is expected by most to be pele-esque otherwise he is crap. A steady game by Barkley is unfairly deemed as rubbish. Personally I thought he had a good game and is now getting in the box quicker and actually winning some headers albeit without much direction. The Koeman effect is taking place on his game and he is challenging in the air and doing some pressing which was missing from his game under RM. By seasons end he will be a better all round player IMO.
My mate summed Barkley up

Frustrating, but we need to build a team around him

The standards people set him are unreasonable. He is a very good player that is expected by most to be pele-esque otherwise he is crap.

Thing is, if one thing he does works one week, it might not work the next. He has to find a happy medium in his all round game. Forget who's watching, and concentrate on winning us the game.

A steady game by Barkley is unfairly deemed as rubbish. Personally I thought he had a good game and is now getting in the box quicker and actually winning some headers albeit without much direction. The Koeman effect is taking place on his game and he is challenging in the air and doing some pressing which was missing from his game under RM. By seasons end he will be a better all round player IMO.

He was a 6.5/10 yesterday. Ordinarily, that'd be classed as decent. The fact that the rest were all above that (imo at least) makes him look as though he wasn't that good yesterday. Pleasing to see that he's pressing a bit more, but he ought to be anyway. He also needs to work on his fitness urgently, for me. A young lad like him should be able to last a full 90 week in, week out.

I wasn't even nervous or worried about losing the lead or conceding late yesterday with Williams at the back and know Koeman is coaching them.

Why is there an international break?! Can't wait for us to batter Sunderland.

Thing is, if one thing he does works one week, it might not work the next. He has to find a happy medium in his all round game. Forget who's watching, and concentrate on winning us the game.
Barkley for me has moments of brilliance but cannot influence and control games.. we need a player than can turn a game into a win

He was a 6.5/10 yesterday. Ordinarily, that'd be classed as decent. The fact that the rest were all above that (imo at least) makes him look as though he wasn't that good yesterday. Pleasing to see that he's pressing a bit more, but he ought to be anyway. He also needs to work on his fitness urgently, for me. A young lad like him should be able to last a full 90 week in, week out.

Those type of games would of been a draw last season! Lukaku needs to get his scoring boots on and his fitness boosted up over this break! COYB
I know what you mean mate, l last season we'd of probably gone into the last 10 a goal to the good against them and conceded 2 and lost the game.

come to think of it....

50 million quid for Stones and it seems like we aren't missing him one bit!!!
As I, and many others said before the sale, what a great piece of business.
COYB!

aye...losing Lescott for less than half that money hurt more as he was at least a very good defender for us. Stones wasn't. He may well come good at Man City, but he wasn't coming good at us (he didn't want to either) so from that perspective really great piece of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.