Match Thread EVERTON V SOUTHAMPTON Match thread, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should prioritise the cups as we won't win the league, we will beat these and then Leicester, then it's the quarters and hopefully we"ll get a home draw.;)

I think Leicester this Saturday will be a good indicator of how we can play there. If we get the points then I'd be more than confident of beating them in the cup. I can't see us winning on Saturday, I can see us leading but JM10 will be that new bogey player against us and torment us for the rest of his career.

Need to rest a few but not too many.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Baines

Davies Schnerderlin

Lookman Siggurdsson Bernard

Tosun

Then for Leicester assuming Mina and Gomes are STILL out:

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana Siggurdsson

Walcott Bernard Richarlison

Tosun

Need to rest a few but not too many.

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Baines

Davies Schnerderlin

Lookman Siggurdsson Bernard

Tosun

Then for Leicester assuming Mina and Gomes are STILL out:

Pickford

Kenny Keane Zouma Digne

Gana Siggurdsson

Walcott Bernard Richarlison

Tosun

Agree with your team, it's what I'd go for.

I don't think Silva will go much different, tbf. I imagine Stek will start though.

10 Reasons why you don't always play your strongest team...

1. Rotation
2. Squad involvement
3. Competition for positions/places
4. Other players losing interest
5. More chance of injury to star players
6. Complacency
7. Burning out of players
8. Freshness
9. Progression of young players
10. Tactical

As you can see there could be a number of reasons why Marco changes things about, we need to trust in our manager & let him manage the squad as he sees fit.

It's a team game & that involves all the squad not just the strongest or best 11 players at our club...

10 Reasons why you don't always play your strongest team...

1. Rotation
2. Squad involvement
3. Competition for positions/places
4. Other players losing interest
5. More chance of injury to star players
6. Complacency
7. Burning out of players
8. Freshness
9. Progression of young players
10. Tactical

As you can see there could be a number of reasons why Marco changes things about, we need to trust in our manager & let him manage the squad as he sees fit.

It's a team game & that involves all the squad not just the strongest or best 11 players at our club...

I want to win this. Playing string players is not the best way to win.

quite right tbf, i mean we've had the whole season disrupted by many factors meaning we've been constantly chopping and changing our back four, playing the same back 5 as fulham would be good for relationship building, but we don't want to be flirting with burnout for what will be a weak soton team imo. Get a couple of early goals and then just stroll it hopefully.

I want the strongest team available. I don't accept rotation in October in a season with no European football.

But he will definitely rotate. There's no point expecting otherwise.

I'm sure you want Bernard and Lookman to get a start, don't you? And Tosun will likely start. So that's three changes.

Schneiderlin will play, and then maybe Stek.

But three of those changes are all ones that are probably needed because Tosun is our first choice striker and Bernard/Lookman need the minutes.

I want to win this. Playing string players is not the best way to win.

But Tim, the point of having a good squad is to use it.

There's nothing wrong at all with switching Lookman and Bernard for Walcott and Richarlison, for example.

So you're not against rotation. You're against playing a weak side.

But the point of having a decent squad is that you can make tweaks and still have a strong side out. I'd like there to be no more than five changes, ideally just three. But I feel Stek will start so there'll probably be six.

But he will definitely rotate. There's no point expecting otherwise.

I'm sure you want Bernard and Lookman to get a start, don't you? And Tosun will likely start. So that's three changes.

Schneiderlin will play, and then maybe Stek.

But three of those changes are all ones that are probably needed because Tosun is our first choice striker and Bernard/Lookman need the minutes.

Bernard yes. Lookman nope. He weakens us without doubt. Schneiderlin nope. Unless he's alongside Davies. But I'd prefer same midfield as Saturday. Stek absolutely not. Tosun ok. We will be at home and hopefully his confidence is higher. I still think DCL away from home though.

Status
Not open for further replies.