Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a worry when we can’t pass the ball from back to front without Tom Davies!

Lets hope the rumours that he has done his hamstring aren’t correct.

Doucoure was immense! That turnover pass back inside near the end nearly killed me though lol

I also thought he was better than many gave him credit for tonight.. could have been better if some of his runs had been picked out.. but that final pass towards the end .. on what was it.. injury time plus 4 mins on top at that point .. couldn’t believe what I had just witnessed!

I saw a team in Southampton who make as many unforced errors as we do, it isn't sustainable to keep getting away with it. These are two prem teams and some of the passing was atrocious. I think unforced errors will be our undoing.

Other than that another Italian defensive masterclass, It's not particularly enjoyable, but it's effective.

Pickford has shown remarkable difference in his composure last two games, a lot lot better.

I know this has probably been posted, however I was working last night and didn't get to see the game...

I saw the lineup and the bench, noticed alot of new names. Where were Barnard, Davies, James, Coleman etc?

I know this has probably been posted, however I was working last night and didn't get to see the game...

I saw the lineup and the bench, noticed alot of new names. Where were Barnard, Davies, James, Coleman etc?

Picked up slight knocks in training, Carlo didn’t want to risk them so rested them. Hopefully back for Thursday but who knows.

ach well, three points was the main objective and a classic banana-skin avoided. DCL was fantastic again and no real service. Allan needed the game clearly. Richarlison now beginning to show his true class and an excellent finish for the goal. Gets kicked to hell, but has made his own problem with refs by constant falling over.

Now let's go and finish the job this week at the home of the fat one.

Status
Not open for further replies.