Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically all 3 of those will finish above us as will City, the rs and Spurs. Winning "our league" should get us into Europe, but that means finishing above Villa, West Ham and Arsenal. 2 big games this week. If we can get 4 or 6 points then the 2 Villa games are going to go a long way to deciding whether we can get into Europe.
I like to remain optimistic. I think the europa league is a waste of time. If we can somehow win tomorrow then we’re a point behind Chelsea with a game in hand. If we then can win our game in hand we are 3 points behind a Leicester team who look to have lost a couple of key players to Injury.
I don’t think we’ll do it but it’s certainly possible.

I like to remain optimistic. I think the europa league is a waste of time. If we can somehow win tomorrow then we’re a point behind Chelsea with a game in hand. If we then can win our game in hand we are 3 points behind a Leicester team who look to have lost a couple of key players to Injury.
I don’t think we’ll do it but it’s certainly possible.
Even our manager doesn't think we'll do it! Europa League isn't a waste of time. It's a sign of progress and being in Europe matters to players, especially foreign ones.

Even our manager doesn't think we'll do it! Europa League isn't a waste of time. It's a sign of progress and being in Europe matters to players, especially foreign ones.
I dunno. Maybe matters to some players more than others. Can’t imagine James is hyped to be in it. I know some fans like it but it never really excites me till the later rounds.

No worries, you will soon be the same. When James and Yerry leave, do you think you will still endure the pain of watching the blues?
I will be here. I have become very fond of the club not just because of James or Mina, its history is quite remarkable and inspiring. The fans are passionate, and there is a great community of them here at GOT, I feel part of it. Besides I have been told that once Everton has touched you, nothing is ever the same ;)

Realistically all 3 of those will finish above us as will City, the rs and Spurs. Winning "our league" should get us into Europe, but that means finishing above Villa, West Ham and Arsenal. 2 big games this week. If we can get 4 or 6 points then the 2 Villa games are going to go a long way to deciding whether we can get into Europe.

leicester have lost their last 2 games and 5 of their first team players are injured

3 games that can determine our season in the next 7 days.

Southampton at home where the players have been told they simply have to start winning games.

West Brom away.

Chelsea away, where we usually raise our level when playing decent sides.

Fully fit squad apart from Mina who isn't a big miss for me. I want to see a minimum 7 points. I think we could get 9 though.

Obviously we'll probably end up with one point, like.

I think it'll be an emotional evening for the Alpine Klopp to be in the same city as, you can only imagine, one of his biggest footballing heroes.

Yes indeed, having Carlo next to him on the sidelines will surely have a big effect on him.

It is going to be lovely if James and the other boys score a few golazos tomorrow. Time to shut up the Alpine Klopp!

Beautifully put Sas - hope we batter them and their cryarse manager!

Let's see if the blues take what they got from beating the rs at Mordor into the rest of our season - there's no excuses now, we simply have to kick on.

I will be here. I have become very fond of the club not just because of James or Mina, its history is quite remarkable and inspiring. The fans are passionate, and there is a great community of them here at GOT, I feel part of it. Besides I have been told that once Everton has touched you, nothing is ever the same ;)
You will also age rapidly and swear more

Status
Not open for further replies.