• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
.........................Virginia
Kenny. Branthwaite. Keane. Nkounkou
....................Delph, Davies
Walcott,.....Iwobi(or Gordon)....Bernard
........................Kean

I'd keep the two colombians a million miles from this.
Bring on Bolasie, Gibson and whoever doesnt start between Iwobi and Gordon at some point.
Or give Simms a run as a sub.

I feel it's only fair to say that not all league two players are grocks, people can actually play football outside of the Premier League, contrary to popular beliefs, it's not 1970 where they just kick lumps out of each other.

I feel it's only fair to say that not all league two players are grocks, people can actually play football outside of the Premier League, contrary to popular beliefs, it's not 1970 where they just kick lumps out of each other.
no doubt and this is probably the biggest game in that clubs history and on tv so their players will be far more motivated than ours. Still tho, our second team with a couple of first teamers should have more than enough about them to easily beat Salford.
If they cant, expect a huge clearout before October.

no doubt and this is probably the biggest game in that clubs history and on tv so their players will be far more motivated than ours. Still tho, our second team with a couple of first teamers should have more than enough about them to easily beat Salford.
If they cant, expect a huge clearout before October.
Don't see the point in risking getting knocked out by a league 2 team by playing an under strength side. We have 2 trophies to go for this season realistically just 2, this is one of them and people aren't bothered, which to me is baffling.

Don't see the point in risking getting knocked out by a league 2 team by playing an under strength side. We have 2 trophies to go for this season realistically just 2, this is one of them and people aren't bothered, which to me is baffling.

I am bothered, I just think:

a) Our second XI should still smash them
b) We shouldn't risk injuries to our main men
c) We want fresh players to smash WBA

I am bothered, I just think:

a) Our second XI should still smash them
b) We shouldn't risk injuries to our main men
c) We want fresh players to smash WBA
Well it seems people aren't bothered because people want a second string out

a) great in theory, the backlash from a defeat would smash any good will from the Spurs game and put the team under pressure straight away.
b) they can get injured in training, should they not train?
c) It's one game into the season, how fresh do they need to be?

Normally I'd agree with you but, given the lack of pre-season and last years injury rate, squad rotation is very important. If our second string win this, which they should, I'd introduce more first teamers for the fleetwood game.
We're not talking about playing all u23s. We're talking about Walcott, Bernard and Delph. All experienced internationals. Iwobi, Davies, Kenny, all very experienced premier league players.
These squad players also have to get a run to keep everyone somewhat happy.

We are all absolutely buzzing with the start to the season by winning at Spurs, everyone, buzzing to a man, put the seconds out tonight and they lose and all that positivity goes right out the window, obviously it will if the first team lose but you can't say you didn't put your best foot forward at least.

As a team with only a possible 2 trophies to win, I cannot fathom why we'd just chuck one in the bin.

Well it seems people aren't bothered because people want a second string out

a) great in theory, the backlash from a defeat would smash any good will from the Spurs game and put the team under pressure straight away.
b) they can get injured in training, should they not train?
c) It's one game into the season, how fresh do they need to be?

It's Salford. Any combination of 11 players from our senior squad should put them away.

We should minimise risk of injuries/burnout to top players where we can. Kicking off the season with 3 games in 6 days, and not/barely rotating because we're petrified of losing to Salford is a bit silly, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.