Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we should start the newcastle game with the same team that finished the derby game, then make the changes to give some players a bit of a break. It will help get horrible derby result out of their system. If Bernarnd plays hope hes wearing a decent pair of boots because hes slipped on the pitch when in good attacking positions numerous times.

I mean we've won four of the seven games he's played in that role, and he's scored three goals.

The games we've lost have been United (he won our penalty) and L'Pool (where our defeat had ZERO to do with anything tactical). It worked brilliantly against Chelsea because he was pressing high on their defence and also cutting the supply into Jorginho.

Maybe we've missed him on the left, but the fact is he's played more games for us now as a striker than he has a winger anyway. Against Fulham - the last time he started on the wing - he wasn't exactly brilliant. He was superb in the first half v Arsenal but drifted out of it in the second half. V S'ton and Wolves, was very good.

So I don't get where this idea that the 'experiment' has failed has come from. We've been a far better team in the last seven games than we were before that.

Yes, maybe he is more suited to be a wide forward at the moment and I actually think we could see him there tomorrow, but him playing centrally has in no way been a failure just because our goalkeeper made an error last minute of the derby, mate.

Fair enough, failure could have been too hard, but my feeling is that he isn't going to be a prolific goal scoring striker, and overall he will be more useful
getting the ball into the goalmouth and getting the odd goal himself. Just imagine him out left and Lukaku in the middle. Lukaku's gone, I know, but I still
think that's were he will be most useful with either DCL, Tosun, or whoever.

Mourinho presser quote. This should be our motivation to shove it down his throat.

JOSE: UTD SHOULD NEVER BE SEVENTH

Mourinho has also said United should never be seventh in the Premier League, but insists his side will finish in the top six come the end of the season.

"I can agree Manchester United should never be in seventh place, in spite of the investment Everton made was phenomenal and obviously there was a great improvement in that team from last season," Mourinho added.

"But I don’t think Everton will be in front of Manchester United at the end of the season. There are six teams that should stay in the first six positions, season after season two of these teams are staying outside the top four. For example last season was Arsenal and Chelsea.

"And this season two of these six are going to stay outside. Who is the best team of the six? Who is the team with the most potential? Who is the team with the least potential? Who is the team performing better? Who is not performing so well?

"At the end of the season the top six will be done by the six teams we all know have that responsibility to finish in the top six."

Mourinho presser quote. This should be our motivation to shove it down his throat.

JOSE: UTD SHOULD NEVER BE SEVENTH

Mourinho has also said United should never be seventh in the Premier League, but insists his side will finish in the top six come the end of the season.

"I can agree Manchester United should never be in seventh place, in spite of the investment Everton made was phenomenal and obviously there was a great improvement in that team from last season," Mourinho added.

"But I don’t think Everton will be in front of Manchester United at the end of the season. There are six teams that should stay in the first six positions, season after season two of these teams are staying outside the top four. For example last season was Arsenal and Chelsea.

"And this season two of these six are going to stay outside. Who is the best team of the six? Who is the team with the most potential? Who is the team with the least potential? Who is the team performing better? Who is not performing so well?

"At the end of the season the top six will be done by the six teams we all know have that responsibility to finish in the top six."
Absolute state of Jose these days lol.

Coleman--Keane-- Mina--Digne
-----Gomes----Gana------Sig------
Rico-----------Cenk-------Lookman

Sub off Coleman, Sig and Rico for Kenny, Davies and DCL at half time.

We'll do these easily at home.
Only worry is exhaustion.

Somehow mate, I don’t think we’re gonna see a triple sub at half time

Generally I don't mind Mourinho, but that's a horrific line. Genuinely makes him sound like a dinosaur.

God forbid the Premier League ever becomes competitive again eh... Jose would hate that!

Some mad scoreline like 5 or 6 nill would wash the taste out of my mouth. It would send out a message.

I mean we've won four of the seven games he's played in that role, and he's scored three goals.

The games we've lost have been United (he won our penalty) and L'Pool (where our defeat had ZERO to do with anything tactical). It worked brilliantly against Chelsea because he was pressing high on their defence and also cutting the supply into Jorginho.

Maybe we've missed him on the left, but the fact is he's played more games for us now as a striker than he has a winger anyway. Against Fulham - the last time he started on the wing - he wasn't exactly brilliant. He was superb in the first half v Arsenal but drifted out of it in the second half. V S'ton and Wolves, was very good.

So I don't get where this idea that the 'experiment' has failed has come from. We've been a far better team in the last seven games than we were before that.

Yes, maybe he is more suited to be a wide forward at the moment and I actually think we could see him there tomorrow, but him playing centrally has in no way been a failure just because our goalkeeper made an error last minute of the derby, mate.
I think Gomes coming in and Mina and Bernard starting is the main reason we’ve been very good in the last 7 games
Gomes has transformed us on his own

Status
Not open for further replies.