Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you new to this forum? Or possibly not paying attention? "It's all Pickford's fault" has been a standard rather silly riposte to many criticisms against him and indeed other players. A bit of mockery or fun you see. When all else fails, blame Pickford. Not many seem to get upset by it. If they did I would stop.

Need never forget how much the fans loved Tim Howard and were positively fuming when Pickford joined and got player of the season.

Are you new to this forum? Or possibly not paying attention? "It's all Pickford's fault" has been a standard rather silly riposte to many criticisms against him and indeed other players. A bit of mockery or fun you see. When all else fails, blame Pickford. Not many seem to get upset by it. If they did I would stop.

Apologies

Pickfords crap though

I mean.. what another wasted opportunity to start making some headway and in the worst possible manner to boot. Peak Everton.

Fed up.
I know mate. At ~90 mins we were 8th in the league. 2 typically freak goals conceded later and now we're back down to 12th. :(

Huge opportunity tonight and we blew it - hold out for 1 minute and we are 8th and 2 points off 5th with 2 weeks to get players fit. Now we are 12th and looking the wrong way again.

Seasons ended tonight boys.

Disgraces to the shirt.

Davies is a pure cretin for giving away that stupid fk, real lack of discipline and professionalism. As for Pickford, time to get rid in the summer.

That’s all he’s does give away free kicks and loses Possession. I have no idea why he tries to dribble past people when he has the pace of a 40 year old osman

We played some lovely stuff tonight and but for 2 crazy minutes, we would all have been very happy. Ancelotti has improved this lot by miles in a week.

schneiderlin looked like a player!

hats off to Kean, he gave everything.
We played a very, very poor team, Newcastle had given up but we invited them to attack us, as in the Brighton game, thanks to Carlo’s poor substitutions and this time Carlo came unstuck, and he will again in the future if he tries to run the game down in this fashion.

They have been this for some mate.
Football mercenaries with no love of Everton.
Not all of course, just too many.

Im honestly sick of us mate.

Ancelotti has to take some of the blame aswell - Davies & Niasse have proven themselves to be brainless idiots with no sense of footballing nous yet he brings them on and instead of running it into the corner flag / keeping possession they both along with Delph played a massive part in that capitulation.

It’s funny. I said to myself at 2-0, that’s a dangerous scoreline. Little did i know. Slightly less fuming now; just depressed.

In a season of constant disappointment I think that tonight is the thing that's upset me most so far. Real chance for top 7 there with a win and that happens. Could have been 8th had we held on for TWO MINUTES, now we're 12th joint on points with Newcastle, Palace and an Arsenal side as bad as us. Ancelloti has a massive task clearing out the losers and loser mentality.

In a season of constant disappointment I think that tonight is the thing that's upset me most so far. Real chance for top 7 there with a win and that happens. Could have been 8th had we held on for TWO MINUTES, now we're 12th joint on points with Newcastle, Palace and an Arsenal side as bad as us. Ancelloti has a massive task clearing out the losers and loser mentality.

I honestly can see him walking within 18 months.

I have no faith in Brands & Kenwrong to get in the players he needs and I doubt he'll be happy having to put up with these clowns making a fool of him every week.

After cooling off a bit I have to admit that the way Digne and Bernard found space was brilliant even if I think they should have made better use of it. If they can do that frequently they will probably have better days than today.

However I don't know that there is a worse team tactically than Newcastle, so finding that space won't always happen. I'm glad Newcastle are using all the luck now so I can make money betting them to go down next year. There's an argument to be made that they're the worst team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.