Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we all have to be honest and realistic about the whole thing. We have a top 7 first 11 but.. we have bottom 11 when we lost 2 or 3 players...
We are still very much in transition. Still very disappointed by the game today. I just hope players who are flying off to play in the international break are not more focused on that than playing for Everton. Due to the lack of fans my worry is some of our new players dont understand how big Everton are... Lets face it we have all had the battle in the pub with RS from Milton Keynes....Imagine how hard it is to explain international player how much the games mean to us..

Apparently Man Utd have won their last 7 away games. So we've drawn with the league winners, lost to the team who are top of the league, lost a tight away game against Newcastle, who usually beat us at their place, and then lost to a team that cost about £500 million who've won 7 away games on the trot. I think it's a bit premature to talk about relegation! We still desperately lack pace, and I'm sure Ancelotti is aware of that, but let's wait until we've played everybody once and see where we are then. As I've said before we're about the 10th best squad so anything above that is progress.
Of all the crap in that post the highlighted bit isn't even right.

We will win our next game. It’ll be down to Richy being out for all the games we lost.

And what game was Richy banned in?

I really hate them. They and the media acted like we destroyed there season when we have lost 3 in a row over it.

Without the three new lads in midfield and the addition of Carlo, I believe we where on track to do a Villa and Newcastle and drop out the league. Miracle we got Carlo, and for that reason I am happy with us just staying up.
We need to get over ourselves taking about top 6 finishes.
If we can finish top ten it will be a massive success. Wolves, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton and even potentially Leeds/Villa are superior teams to us.
You're taking the piss surely.

Rico changes nothing today

We are losing because we can’t defend, we have 6 defensive players out there and get cut open with ease
Richarlson changes Everything today, he's the cog that makes us turn. With him on the field there's 2 defenders on their toes keeping an eye on him, which gives James more time and space it's no coincidence that James has been garbage while Richarlson has been out, James is the marked man and he's ineffective in that situation.

And 3 points off top too.

It's dead early in the season, a season which is far from over.

The frustration you and I both share is that one or two moves more in the market could have seen us avoid this situation and push on.

But the club took a needless risk. Brands should pay for that.
We’ve both followed Everton long enough to know what happens when this club gets on a losing streak. We’ll be about 15th by the time Christmas comes.

Our summer additions, Allan and Doucoure in particular, have not been good enough.

There's something not clicking in that middle.

Doucoure Allan ????

Allan isn't a solo ball winner. Doucoure has an engine to get up and down. Both of them don't really hold a position.

It's that 3rd spot that's a huge problem. We either play James or Bernard - a creative player - forcing Allan or Doucoure to sit.

If Gomes hadn't have fallen off a cliff he'd have played.

Thing is, Gomes has been poor in two games - Liverpool and Newcastle - granted. Other than that, all his other performances (only 3 anyway) were fine.

The main issue in that 4-3-3 is without a player like Richarlison to stretch teams, it doesn't work.

Then like you say we have two players who naturally want to press and win the ball.

Gylfi is just dreadful when starting games - he's a player who can be semi-competent coming on when the pace has slowed, like we saw in the early part of the season.

I'd have given Gomes another shot today, tbh, but not sure he'd have made the difference. Already looks like Gbamin is gonna be given a big task when he's fit, but not sure he's the answer either to the problems we have in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.