Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we saw a player trying to have a dig outside the box? We need to be having far more efforts on goal, instead of side wards and back passing and generally faffing about.

Look at the overall picture. We’re in a far better general position, recent results aside, than we’ve been for a long time.

Are we throwing our toys out the pram over a few defeats?
This is true but our depth is worrying. Hence I still see us 2 or 3 players short of top 4. I still think we'll get around 65 to 70 pts if we can get our acts together and keep players fit but the other teams around us are playing well and picking up points so mightnt be enough for top 4 or top 6 even

Coleman badly at fault for the first two (along with his two CBs) but at least he took responsibility for getting into United's box in the last quarter. No one else in the team (maybe Allan excepted) takes it upon themselves to try anything to change the pattern or momentum of a game going badly.
You need to keep clean sheets to win games.

The only players that are good enough to leave us for a 'better' team is Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin.

There's literally nobody else who isn't either a) young enough and good enough to move on or b) good enough, but already past another big move.

DCL isn't going anywhere. Richarlison is the worry.

This is true but our depth is worrying. Hence I still see us 2 or 3 players short of top 4. I still think we'll get around 65 to 70 pts if we can get our acts together and keep players fit but the other teams around us are playing well and picking up points so mightnt be enough for top 4 or top 6 even
You watching the same games as me mate?

What do you take before kick off? I fancy a go.

The chemistry the team looked to have early season just seems to have been lost.. as if they expended all of their energy before and over the international break and now the motivation is just.. gone.

The biggest concern for me now is how our three big summer signings have all suddenly gone off the boil for one reason or another. We're looking to them to add the quality and guile to the side we've been missing for ages and if they're gonna start being inconsistent then it doesn't solve any problems.

As much as I think Richalirson is a divvy for the suspension and missing the games I refuse to believe that this downturn in form is all down to his absence alone. He's good.. but he's not THAT good.

Starting to wonder now if Ancelotti is capable of being a manager who can turn things around when the going gets tough, because he's yet to really prove as much if I'm being completely honest. Post-covid break last season and our form now is genuine cause to question him on I reckon..

Allan is putting in some dismal performances in the first half-an-hour of matches, then somehow manages to turn it on for the next 60 mins

There's something not clicking in that middle.

Doucoure Allan ????

Allan isn't a solo ball winner. Doucoure has an engine to get up and down. Both of them don't really hold a position.

It's that 3rd spot that's a huge problem. We either play James or Bernard - a creative player - forcing Allan or Doucoure to sit.

If Gomes hadn't have fallen off a cliff he'd have played.

Status
Not open for further replies.