Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed another player in October.

It was obvious.

The club decided to take a stupid, stupid risk.

It's negligent. For once I'm going full Davek.

It's the incompetence to take such a risk. People are blaming Richarlison but knowing our luck he could go and play for Brazil and get an injury that keeps him out for three months.

We had a good start and Brands thought we'd be fine. Worst thing is is you get fans saying the same thing - i.e. "where will they play though?", "doesn't get in our side" etc etc.

Dreadful planning and squad management.
100%. Can only presume we needed to balance the books after bringing Doucoure, James and Allan in. If we don’t bring a striker and winger in come end of January then we are going to have these patches were we will struggle. Understand the disappointment towards Richarlison as we have missed him immensely but we can’t be relying on 1 player.

Agree

Midfield annonymous really along with poor defending.

DCL had nothing to go off today at all. Pathetic performance again.
There's no way we should be playing 4-3-3 with Richarlison out. Said it after the S'ton match.

Allan isn't a sitter, he wants to chase after stuff. Doucoure is playing poorly but he's basically just covering right side and Gylfi doesn't have the pace to get close to players. We were dominated in that area today by quick passing.

Carlo and the coaching staff need to be able to see this. Change shape, have a solid bank again and build from there.

Who do you want to see start instead of Coleman ffs?
Its not the point really is it. If you keep persisting with players who aren't good enough then how do you ever expect to progress? Hes the captain, hes a shrinking violet, prone to defensive errors, offers next to no leadership and can't cross a ball. Its the same old thing, we brought on Tosun to win the game. We persist with garbage players and I fully understand we are constrained with finances etc but guys like him have been at Everton for long enough to know they arent what we need if we want to progress. They're a safe bet to keep us anchored where we are. Yet they still feature.

I would honestly rather we play some youth, like we did with DCL (best player so far this season) and Holgate (best player last season). It of course takes time to bed in youth but we aint going to do a thing with gimps like coleman and sigurdsson starting. You think these lads will win us a cup final if we somehow get to one this season? I'd put money on them losing us one. They're barriers to what we want to do, or say we want to do.

Really, really poor. United there for the taking and low on confidence and we put in that kind of performance.

The midfield is a huge worry at the moment. Allan and Doucoure looked well off the pace, especially in the first half. Doesn´t help that no one seems to understand their role in there either.

No excuses. We were poor. Lack of leadership all over the park. Far to slow moving the ball forward. Horrible defending - Coleman allows far too many crosses - and Holgate wasn't at the races. James and Doucoure had a shocker. DCL and Allan only players who can hold their heads up. Bruno Fernandez bullying us all over the shop. Sickening really.

Your just happy to pick up 40 points and finish 11th. Well it's crap.

How you've managed to interpret that from that post is beyond me.

I've asked who would you like to see - of our current RB options - replace Coleman in our next game?

Considering Kenny played last week and we lost and Godfrey got rinsed the week before by Southampton?

Please enlighten me.

Sa
There's no way we should be playing 4-3-3 with Richarlison out. Said it after the S'ton match.

Allan isn't a sitter, he wants to chase after stuff. Doucoure is playing poorly but he's basically just covering right side and Gylfi doesn't have the pace to get close to players. We were dominated in that area today by quick passing.

Carlo and the coaching staff need to be able to see this. Change shape, have a solid bank again and build from there.

Pretty much.

Midfield is still an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.