Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a good counter-attacking team. Press them high and they have the pace in Rashford and Martial (who will be back), and the delivery from Fernandes, to exploit it.

I know Carlo has already said Pickford is playing, but I'd pick

Olsen
JJK Mina Keane Digne
Allan Dacoure Gomes
James Bernard
DCL

We need some form of result here to get us back on track. 3 straight defeats would be a very bad way to go into the break and would have undone all the good work in record time.

Unfortunately some of those involved last week will have to be involved again this week. I hope they have had a good look at themselves in the mirror and asked why they were so safe in possession and lethargic in their approach.

We need to be around the top 6 by new year if we realistically want to have a good season. The autumn and early winter was our time to capitalise while others play in Europe. We need to get out of this slump right now this weekend.

We'll need to keep Martial in his box, assuming he is fit to return for this one fresh. He just loves scoring against us. United's Danny Ings.

Referee: Paul Tierney.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Andy Madley.
VAR: Michael Oliver. Assistant VAR: Constantine Hatzidakis.

I think this game will suit us better than against Newcastle despite Utd being a better team overall.

I think they will want to actually play a game and that will give us more freedom and gaps to exploit. Question is whether we can cobble together a team that has sufficient pace, forwards momentum (no sideways or backward passing) while also offering no stupid mistakes that lead to goals (Mina, Pickford).

Come what May though I just want to see us select wide players who will offer something going forward instead of blocking the centre of the park.

Also, I’d drop JJK as I don’t think he is Prem level.

Besides all that, I think we are fine...

We've conceded something like eleven goals in our seven league games; I believe that any team we play will feel they have a great chance of scoring against us. I just hope we've seen the end of the 'sit and wait to see what the opposition will do' (or whatever the hell we were doing against Newcastle) tactics.

Personally, I don't think that Harry Maguire is that good and feel if we can move the ball forward quickly to Dominic Calvert-Lewin we can cause Maguire, and Utd, some problems. If we sit in the midfield pointlessly passing the ball about again, then Utd will go right through us.

Still hanging on for a 3-1 win here! If he plays Gordon on the left for even half a game and Holgate or Godfrey at CB, that only leaves the midfield to be fixed. I will be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Davies recalled here for a bit of energy. Manure have a good midfield and we cannot afford to have them waltzing past Gomes, Siggy and/or Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.